The Slam - New Wrestling Talk Show

Bluetonic

The Slam episode 1, hosted by comedian Jim Smallman, and joined today by fellow comedian Sam Pacelli. On Skype, we had Rob McNichol from The Sun, and Rob Leigh from The Mirror talking all sorts of wrestling. Plus, a look at PCW.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it, it was ok. Preferred that Alex Shane, Joel Ross one what what happened they were posting them in the forum. Good to see the PCW video but that was the only original content. Other than that all the news and opinions I have already read on here. Feels like theirs the best will, but a lack of knowledge in the studio. The Jobber of the week segment sucks, if all your going to say is "didn't he used to be Doink" Is that unfair?

• Paid Members
I've thought about doing a podcast, where we pretend its 2000/2001 again. A few of us on here could talk about the WWF's move to Channel 4, whether WrestleXpress will bring over Scott Hall and why Reckless Youth is better than the Rock.

Please do this, and have an accompanying skytext page filled with 'news'. It was simpler time, a better time.

"The way he's being used," "push" and "face turn" all within the first ninety seconds. I'm out.

dont forget "worker" being said 3 times in the same sentence just after that

having watched it all it seemed decent and is bang up to date, I will definitely watch future editions if they're advertised on here and reserve full judgement until I have watched a few, on a side note I am pretty sure PBW have been producing blu rays for a while so I dont think PCW will be the first to do that, footage looks good though

"The way he's being used," "push" and "face turn" all within the first ninety seconds. I'm out.

dont forget "worker" being said 3 times in the same sentence just after that

having watched it all it seemed decent and is bang up to date, I will definitely watch future editions if they're advertised on here and reserve full judgement until I have watched a few, on a side note I am pretty sure PBW have been producing blu rays for a while so I dont think PCW will be the first to do that, footage looks good though

as I keep saying first in 'England' haha, not my fault if im misquoted every time

• Moderators
I've thought about doing a podcast, where we pretend its 2000/2001 again. A few of us on here could talk about the WWF's move to Channel 4, whether WrestleXpress will bring over Scott Hall and why Reckless Youth is better than the Rock.

Please do this, and have an accompanying skytext page filled with 'news'. It was simpler time, a better time.

Page 662. I'm still waiting for "The Fog" to turn up in the WWF.

Anyroads, everyone knows that Mike Rapada and Mike Modest are the future of wrestling Ian. The Cheetah Master and Flash Flanagan as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, looking at doing a special Royal Rumble themed show on Wednesday, so any of you who fancy coming on and talking your favourite Rumble memories let me know. Plus, any of you who want to talk about anything are also invited! And if you want your company to be featured, let me know as well. Perhaps we can have a UKFF posts of the week segment ;)

In the latest episode of The Slam, Jim Smallman was joined by Rob McNichol, lead wrestling writer for The Sun, and podcaster Chris Kelly. The trio chatted about this weeks Royal Rumble, while looking back on Rumble's of the past. Plus, a review of Raw, comedy chat with The Noise Next Door, and some fantastic Skypes. Also a look at the British promotion of the week, GPW.

Archived