What would've happened at end of Rumble 05

Jetta's G-string

On a similar note. Whilst Chris Benoit was champion there was a battle royal on Raw which Kane won to challenge for the belt at the PPV. Might have been Bad Blood.

I was sure watching at the time that Jericho was supposed to win, but botches a 'near elimination' spot in the middle of the match and gets eliminated. (This is just a theory). They then call an audible and have Kane win.

I say this because I don't think Jericho was involved in a feud at the time (could easily have done the two friends respecting each other thing between him and Benoit). Kane I think was busy in a feud with Matt Hardy at the time.

Always seemed odd.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a similar note. Whilst Chris Benoit was champion there was a battle royal on Raw which Kane won to challenge for the belt at the PPV. Might have been Bad Blood.

I was sure watching at the time that Jericho was supposed to win, but botches a 'near elimination' spot in the middle of the match and gets eliminated. (This is just a theory). They then call an audible and have Kane win.

I say this because I don't think Jericho was involved in a feud at the time (could easily have done the two friends respecting each other thing between him and Benoit). Kane I think was busy in a feud with Matt Hardy at the time.

Always seemed odd.

Wasn't Jericho involved with Christian/Tomko around that time?

I'm sure Kane's fued with Hardy was a little later on in the summer.

• Paid Members

Always seemed odd.

Kane was stalking Lita at that time, so the feud with Hardy was only just starting. It'll be on Youtube somewhere. It's the same night The Rock returned to help Eugene.

• Paid Members
The way Vince came out with no music and no lights prepared on the entrance makes it look unplanned too.

That's how run ins should be. Someone doing something unprepared but still waiting for music and pyro is shitter than shit.

• Paid Members

It really is/was an amazing and quite fascinating short series of events. Echo Barbars comments on the clear signs of how it wasn't a planned spot. That and how they went on to not mention it at all afterward either, which i presume would be because it may have taken the shine slightly off Daves big push. Which makes for another interesting nugget with how Batista and Cenas pushes somewhat switched following Mania.

Always seemed odd.

I wouldn't put it past him. Jericho is notoriously clumsy. After watching the clip, it does look as though he's supposed to stay in. They don't usually throw them over the turnbuckle either - I think that was so he could land on the steps.

The way Vince came out with no music and no lights prepared on the entrance makes it look unplanned too.

That's how run ins should be. Someone doing something unprepared but still waiting for music and pyro is shitter than shit.

You lose the moment where you put two and two together when someone's music plays if you just have them run down. It depends on the circumstance. You couldn't have someone return and just run down or it'd be shit.

Just to echo a pew previous posts, if that was unintentional, the refs did a brilliant job of keeping momentum and the crowd going. Fantastic work.

Yeah they covered it up well.

But presumably they were prepared for what to do in the event of the last 2 guys going over at the same time, can't see them leaving that entirely to chance and had some contingency plan in place which probably went just like how we saw.

Spots in Rumbles where guys are hanging on for dear life are always rather risky so they must have a plan b for incase it goes wrong. Like HBK in 95, he could so of lost his grip when hanging off the ropes near the end.

Possibly, just seems odd the way he just gets pasted by Batista and then thrown out without a lot of hassle. As someone else mentioned it's not often you see someone get thrown over the turn buckles either.

I'm going to do a bit more research on the timeline of my little conspiracy theory.

Archived