What would've happened at end of Rumble 05

Jetta's G-string

Was watching youtube clips and came across the injury Vince had at the end of the royal rumble 05 when Batista and Cena cocked up the ending. I'm assuming that Vince wasn't supposed to walk out, that he just blew a gasket and stormed out. If he hadn't injured himself getting in the ring, what do you think would've happened? Would he have gotten in their face and give them a bollocking in front of the world?? Would he have even got physical?? He seemed genuinely roid rage angry!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Watched it last night, still chuckle at Vince crumbling. The double elimination was proper nasty, both were lucky. Batista & Cena's entrances into the Rumble were white-hot, even more impressive for Batista given he was still technically a heel. Was a pretty good rumble overall, especially the scurfing at the beginning.

• Paid Members
I can't imagine how painful and embarrassing that was for big Vince.

The story goes that he tore one quad on the ring apron. And being super Vinnie, told everyone he was alright. So when the night was over, he began walking to his car without assistance. As he was walking, the poor bastard tore his other quad. He was about 60 at the time as well. Imagine the agony he must have been in.

I don't think Batista was supposed to go over the top rope at all. If you watch the footage, Cena almost drags him over as he falls over. Batistas neck and shoulders were over the top rope and Cena took him with him. Hence the loud splat as Big Dave hits the canvas. Unprepared for the fall.

• Paid Members

Watching it back, that does seem to be the case.

I always thought it was just a well rehearsed double elimination before. But you can see in Batista's face that that wasn't supposed to happen.

Archived