Suggest a Wrestlemania Theme Tune

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

"The official theme song for Wrestlemania 28 will be "Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly according to a report by The Wrestling Observer."

Now do we agree this is a good theme for Wrestlemania or would you prefer something else?

I always thought that using the Peter Gabriel tune 'Big Time' was an inspired choice for Wrestlemania 22. I also recall a poster on here (can't remember who I apologize) suggest the Queen tune 'I Want It All' which looking at the lyrics and the tune itself would make a cracking Mania anthem.

What would be your choice and why for an official Wrestlemania song.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As its in Miami, they should've wheeled out Estefan. Yes. And the Sound Machine.

The song they've gone for though is pretty drab. I'd never heard of this guy before. Just sounds like generic American mainstream rap with female vocal chorus bore.

• Paid Members

Never heard the song in question, but I like the theme song being ones that are a bit more contemporary but that fit the bill. 'Written in the Stars' was a great choice, as was 'Light it Up' for 24 (even though the lyrics have no relevance, the *feel* was just right). Even though I loathe the band in general, I always thought 'Kings and Queens' by 30 Seconds to Mars had a Wrestlemania vibe to it.

Fuck yeah. I would definitely get up for a little dance.

As much as I love Jamiroquai, Little L doesn't really work in my mind.

Come off it. Big Brodus and his fellow Funkasaurus's would be having a ball of a time. I think he would look absolutely splendid in one of those Jay Kay hats too.

• Paid Members

If shits going down in Miami, there's only one theme to have.

csi%20miami%20yeah%20(net).jpg

Edit: And they should close the opening promo to the event with Horatio Caine dropping a one liner, using 'The Rock' as a pun, before putting his shades on- then the music hits. Yeah, that would be superb.

• Paid Members
If shits going down in Miami, there's only one theme to have.

csi%20miami%20yeah%20(net).jpg

I reckon there is actually a few songs by The Who that could be a decent Mania tune tbh. My Generation is the first one that comes to mind.

I'd hate My Generation. It's over-used.

I really didn't like the Chili Peppers song they used but it seemed like it worked a little in the end. It was too tame though, didn't create much of an atmosphere at all. If they were going for a Chili Peppers song, I'd suggest Around The World. Mix the intro into the heavy riff later into the song for the shorter adverts possibly. Miss out a verse maybe. Definitely miss out the verse with the gibberish lines. They tend to miss out parts of their songs to make it fit better anyway.

Archived