LDN Wrestling - Events Thread

Big Rob

This is a thread for all matters regarding LDN Wrestling and its live shows. I will keep people up to date on the shows, special seminars etc.

In addition to live events all over the country, UK Wrestling legend and former WWE United States Champion Dave "Fit" Finlay will be taking a special training seminar at the Civic Hall in Grays, prior to a huge event that evening where Finlay will be wrestling. Not only is Finlay a fantastic wrestler, he also has worked in a backstage capacity for both WCW and most recently WWE, so he knows what it takes to make it both in Europe and also Stateside. Attendance is

Last night in Totteridge, LDN kicked off the new year with an explosive night of action at the All Saints Art Centre. The evening was capped off with a six man Elimination Tag Team match that was little short of a war, and when the dust had settled, Damien Dunne was left as the sole survivor after pinning Malicious Paul Malen.

Speaking of The Dunne Brothers, LDN Wrestling would like to wish younger brother Pete all the best as after competing in Totteridge last night, he has now flown to Spain to compete for a Barcelona-based wrestling company tonight. Never fear, however, as he will be back competing regularly for his home promotion of LDN very soon.

For those of you in the East Grinstead area, LDNWrestling.com has announced that the featured main event of this Wednesday's (25/1/12) card will see World of Sport personality and British Wrestling legend "Superstar" Mal Sanders taking on the current LDN Capital Champion Yorghos Christopoulos. Also on the bill are the British Heavyweight Champion - Alan Lee Travis, "UK Kid" Tom Jones, Phil Friday, "Blackbelt" Tom Dawkins, Prince Ali, The Dark Lord, high flying star Hakan and the near 6'8" Leon Shah.

Also, this coming Friday (27/1/12) sees a huge Champion vs. Champion match at the Hazelmere Centre in High Wycombe, as Alan Lee Travis puts his British Heavyweight Championship on the line against current LDN Capital Champion Yorghos.

For more information on these events and more, please check out LDNWrestling.com

• 2 weeks later...

*LDN 2011 Video Flashback*

LDN British Heavyweight Championship

This Saturday at Epsom, Jon "The Don" Ritchie returns as he takes on the "Peckham Playboy" Hakan. UK Kid takes on the up and coming star Leon Shah, plus after a red hot victory in Staines, "Lone Wolf" Matt Walters is in action hoping to continue his winning streak in a bout with Kid Dynamite. Damien Dunne is also in attendance, taking on the mighty Dark Lord. Tickets are on sale for this event via 01372 742 555.

The following day we have a special matinee show taking place at the fantastic Millfield Theatre in Edmonton with a 3pm start - a perfect day out for the entire family. JD Knight is on the top of the bill fighting for the LDN British Heavyweight Championship, whilst Matt Walters takes on Pirate Paulie Malen. We have tag action as Hakan teams up with Jason Sweet Sensation to take on Bristol Hard men Team Hate plus so much more. This event is selling well so don’t delay and order today via 020 8807 6680.

I have been contemplating giving LDN a shot a few times especially when they have been in Romford or part of the surrounding area I can easily get to. I have never really gone along with it because it seems too simplified and family orientated, maybe cheesey in a way that would irratate me. I don't mean to sound snobbish when I say that I just can't think of a better way to word it. Im very tempted by the Grays date with Finlay though, despite the fact I will be seeing the guy at IPW and over in germany shortly after.

As someone who watches WWE, doesn't really follow/enjoy TNA regularly, attends IPW:UK, the other odd brit show, wXw as well as following most of the top US independants and will give most other things wrestling wise a fair try, is there anything about LDN shows that should make me give them a try or should I just pass as they aren't really aimed at my sort of demographic i.e. the "smart" fan?

Im probably even more shy to it now than before after going to an NWA UK Hammerlock show in August that was filled with some utter shite, making it the first show of any sort that I actually left half way through.

Saturday 11th February is our first date in our half term diary, as we are live at the fabulous Shanklin Theatre in the Isle of Wight. This is the first night of the brand new state of the art seating the Theatre has installed. LDN British Heavyweight Champion Alan Lee Travis is in action taking on newcomer - the bartender Philip Friday, the man monster Beast fights Yorghos for the LDN Capital Championship whilst the Dark Lord takes on wrestling politician Richard Parliament. Doors open at 7pm with tickets available in advance on 01983 868 000.

The following day we

After months of crooked refereeing, phantom title changes and plenty of hatred from both parties, the fued between Rocker Richards and Alan Lee Travis comes to a dramatic conclusion this coming Thursday at the Princes Theatre in Clacton-on-Sea, when the pair collide in a sixteen foot-high steel cage match. These two rivals have brawled all over Clacton, and now they will be locked inside a cage to prove once and for all who is the better man.

Also on the bill, Jon Ritchie takes on Paul Dunne, fresh off his succesful tour of Spain, as the "Gentleman" looks to firmly cement himself into the British Heavyweight Championship scene once again, after a length absense from LDN action. Can the savvy veteran take one step closer to Title contention, or will "Dynamite" Dunne pull off the biggest win of his career by toppling the multiple time Heavyweight Champ?

"Peckham Playboy" Hakan is also in action, along with a whole host of other LDN stars. Tickets are selling fast, and can be obtained either directly from the Princes Theatre, or by phoning 01255 686633.

Saturday 5th May @ Guildford (G Live) - 0844 7701 797

What sort of card might this have? I'm a bit tempted to break my cherry and actually go to a Britwres event. I will even grow neckbeard to blend in/

• 2 weeks later...
Saturday 5th May @ Guildford (G Live) - 0844 7701 797

What sort of card might this have? I'm a bit tempted to break my cherry and actually go to a Britwres event. I will even grow neckbeard to blend in/

The lineup will be announced closer to the time, keep checking this thread and LDNWrestling.com for more information.

• 1 month later...

Archived