Netflix vs. Lovefilm streaming

DarloKid

• Moderators

Not impressed with Netflix. There's not a huge amount on there I fancy watching, and the selection of TV programmes is absolute piss next to Lovefilm. It's fair to say that I won't be hanging about after my free trial.

Gave Lovefilm a go last year and it was terrible the PS3 software never worked, the site took forever to load and my second (and last) rental vanished in the post.

Maybe it's better now but I'm in no hurry to find out as for Netflix so far it has worked perfectly.

Its just you. I've been renting PS3 games from them for a few years now and never once had one that didn't work and never had anything lost in the post. Excellent service all round.

I'm assuming that doing that DNS change will screw up all your other connections like Xbox Live, and probably youtube and such as well. So it's a bit of a bother, even though it's clever, and I suspect it's a loophole they'll fix fairly quickly.

Gave Lovefilm a go last year and it was terrible the PS3 software never worked, the site took forever to load and my second (and last) rental vanished in the post.

Maybe it's better now but I'm in no hurry to find out as for Netflix so far it has worked perfectly.

Its just you. I've been renting PS3 games from them for a few years now and never once had one that didn't work and never had anything lost in the post. Excellent service all round.

By PS3 software I meant the streaming app you download to the console not actual games I should have been more clear anyway I have noticed they have an unlimited streaming only option which is tempting me.

• Paid Members
2526782[/url]']

I'm assuming that doing that DNS change will screw up all your other connections like Xbox Live, and probably youtube and such as well. So it's a bit of a bother, even though it's clever, and I suspect it's a loophole they'll fix fairly quickly.

They've fixed it already & it no longer works.

2526782[/url]']

They've fixed it already & it no longer works.

Still working for me.

• Moderators
I'm on the Netflix trial. Not overly impressed, but I think it's down to my connection or computer because web browsing in general has gone awfully slow.

The choice is awful anyway. I thought it'd be a gateway to boxsets. The only things I've watched thus far are Fargo (which I've on VHS and DVD anyway) and Weeds (which I saw most of on sky, but Mary Louise Parker is the fittest woman of all time so it gets another look). The lack of a deal with HBO really lets them down, as well as seemingly not having any deals in place with big studios because the film choices are also somewhat sparse. It's full of Michael Moore if you're a penis, but dry of pretty much anything else.

Archived