The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

My review from the film thread re Scott Pilgrim.

... Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Geeks delight from the 8 bit rendition of the Universal theme through to the XIII style noises coming from onscreen. The plot was paper thin and his amour was a complete grot bag. The plot reminded me a little of Wayne's World in so much that the evil Boss/producer or whatever has been with or will get with the girl and its up to our plucky underdog hero to make ammends. Chris Evans was fantastic as was Culkin as the sarky flatmate from hell. Some good fight scenes considering that non of the primary cast are fighters afaik and its very well done. Im not sure I could say it was brilliant but I did mark out for some of the Sound effects such as Sonic Rings.

Amongst the best films ever? Its a good film, but best film aside from the nostalgia hit, What is it that Im missing? ( Im now waiting for Kick- Ass to appear :( )

Edited by patdfb

• Awards Moderator

Don't forget, Pat, this is a favourite film thread and not a best film thread. A number of those I put in my ten aren't ones I'd consider the best films ever made but they are ones I love to pieces. Apart from Top Gun, like. That would be in both lists.

Scott Pilgrim is one of Dinbat and Harmonic's 10 favourite films of all time?! Jeez louise. The jokes, as always in the case of Edgar Wright, have simply been replaced by pop culture references.

Edited by Trevor

• Paid Members

Amongst the best films ever? Its a good film, but best film aside from the nostalgia hit, What is it that Im missing? ( Im now waiting for Kick- Ass to appear :( )

We're three films in and already we've got somebody carping over this 'best things' thing.It was completely at the discretion of the people nominating whether they chose favourite or best. Looking at the results and write-ups, I'd say most went for the former. I personally went half and half.I want to put an end to this now because it is a tiresome debate. If the people who nominated Scott Pilgrim or came close to doing so want to explain on what level they nominated, they're free to do so.What I want to know about Scott Pilgrim is if there is just the one Mary Elizabeth Winstead lingerie scene.

• Paid Members
Dingbat and Harmonic actually think that Scott Pilgrim is one of the 10 best films of all time?! Jeez louise. The jokes, as always in the case of Edgar Wright, have simply been replaced by pop culture references.

Read above.

What I want to know about Scott Pilgrim is if there is just the one Mary Elizabeth Winstead lingerie scene.

Yep.

Movie works better on DVD. I actually saw it twice in the cinema; once with the worst audience of all time (they cheered the fucking Universal logo) and once on a date. I've since watched it twice on DVD. Even though it's not especially great. Odd.

Don't forget, Pat, this is a favourite film thread and not a best film thread. A number of those I put in my ten aren't ones I'd consider the best films ever made but they are ones I love to pieces. Apart from Top Gun, like. That would be in both lists.

I had forgotten, not when I come up with my list, but when reading down the list it got lost in translation in my flu ridden head somewhere

We're three films in and already we've got somebody carping over this 'best things' thing.

It was completely at the discretion of the people nominating whether they chose favourite or best. Looking at the results and write-ups, I'd say most went for the former. I personally went half and half.

I want to put an end to this now because it is a tiresome debate. If the people who nominated Scott Pilgrim or came close to doing so want to explain on what level they nominated, they're free to do so.

Aye, sorry boss, didnt think was particularly scathing. Was just wondering what I'd missed or hadnt got from the film that others had for it to be their best/ favourite rather than a 'OMG! How is it the best EVAH?# thing, kind of debate. Hence the questions rather than 'how dare they put that in the list?' type of thing

Edited by patdfb