The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Psssst... I also really, really liked House of 1,000 Corpses. If the shite toward the end was toned down/changed/removed (especially Dr. Satan), I'd have considered it for this list. Then again, I'm indecisive and forgetful - I think I missed Howl's Moving Castle and Pan's Labyrinth off of my non-voting list.

I also picked every Oscar winner last night, but didn't enter the office pool.

• Paid Members

I think I've seldom seen anything creepier than the coffin being lowered, with Otis looking like the scariest person in a movie, and the slowly dying Crowley recording playing. If I were have gone into movies, that's exactly what I'd be aiming for. Just crappy that they spunked it all up the wall after that, until the ending.

I heart them both but is it just me who is surprised by how much more love Aliens gets than the first one?

Not really since they're both very different films, one is a character based slow building horror film and the other is a bang pow vietnam action film in space. Aliens is the more accesible of the two, many people get turned off Alien because of the slow start.

I think the original just edges it for me, if only because I absolutely love horror films in that vein - all suspense and misdirection, darkness and odd noises. Ridley's not done a horror film since, which is a huge pity.