A WWE title change on a house show *Spoilers*

Pyrotechnik

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, WWE are testing the waters with making more interesting stuff happen at Live events in order to drive ticket sales. Coupled with the new TV style presentation, some title changes will be the norm in order to give a greater sense of "anything can happen".

Good move in my opinion.

Great to see belts change hands at a house-show and it's something that should be done more frequently for a sense of realism. I remember Edge beating Jarrett for the European title back in 1998 and can imagine that the Hardcore Title must have been swapped a few times, but does any one know the last time a title changed hands at a non-televised event?

• Paid Members
Great to see belts change hands at a house-show and it's something that should be done more frequently for a sense of realism. I remember Edge beating Jarrett for the European title back in 1998 and can imagine that the Hardcore Title must have been swapped a few times, but does any one know the last time a title changed hands at a non-televised event?

A few times?? I think the Hardcore title changed hands more often at house shows than it did on TV! I'm guessing all (if not, most) of Shawn Stasiak's 15 reigns both started and ended on house shows!

Didn't the Rockers win the tag belt at a non televised event but it's never been offically recognised or have I dreamt that up?

Nah, you're almost there. They beat the Harts in a 2/3 falls match in late 1990. It was taped, they just changed their plans before it was due to air on TV because the Anvil decided to stay with the company. They used the technicality that the top rope broke to explain why the title switch didn't stand.

The footage did come out a few years ago, it was up on all the streaming sites. Pretty poor match too imo, a big disappointment considering the expectations.

• Paid Members

Sorry to be a pedant mate, but it was the IC belt.

I think the last one was Miz + Morrison beating Kofi + Punk for World Tag Titles.

As far as I can remember, it was in Late 2008 when John Morrison & The Miz won Raw's Tag Team titles from Kofi Kingston and CM Punk.

Archived