The cookery thread

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, chokeout said:

May be a meme of 3 people and text that says 'Ross Sayers @Sayers33 When I finish my Gü cheesecake After all... why not? Why .ysn'keepi? shouldn't keep'

I've gone BBQ mad over the last month. Did a black garlic marinated Beer Can Chicken which may well be the nicest chicken i've ever had. I really want to try Ribs next @Thunderplex How long did you cook yours for? What are you using for rub?

All depends on the type of ribs you get.  I get the baby backs from Costco, and do them for 2 hours at 250°f, then wrap them in foil with a squirt of apple juice, a little honey and a sprinkle more rub for 2 hours, then 1/2 to an hour unfoiled with sauce on half of them (some like sauce, some don’t, i like both!) if you get thicker ribs then the first part of the cook do 3 hours instead of 2 and a full hour at the end.  The rub I use is a mix of a few recipes, using my favourite bits of each.  I use these in parts:

4 salt

4 brown sugar

4 paprika

3 garlic granules

2 onion powder

1 black pepper

2 mild chilli powder

1 allspice

1.5 cumin

1 fennel

1 celery salt

.25 Rosemary

I’d use tablespoons till you get the taste you want, I use half cups now as I use it a lot.

Increase the black pepper, and use hot chilli powder if you like it spicy.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shanghai chicken tenders with 5 spice batter. 

Tried a couple of new things over the weekend. Tried "Sloppy Joes". Basically a bolognese sandwich but was bloody lovely. Did spicy wedges and served it on quality Aldi Brioche with Jack. Fo

Wife's 40th Birthday so I made her a "sweet shop" cake. Two layers of choc sponge with Strawberry cream in the middle and decorated as per pic. Quite pleased with it.

Posted Images