The cookery thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shanghai chicken tenders with 5 spice batter. 

Wife's 40th Birthday so I made her a "sweet shop" cake. Two layers of choc sponge with Strawberry cream in the middle and decorated as per pic. Quite pleased with it.

Tried a couple of new things over the weekend. Tried "Sloppy Joes". Basically a bolognese sandwich but was bloody lovely. Did spicy wedges and served it on quality Aldi Brioche with Jack. Fo

Posted Images

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, deathrey said:

Can I ask your recipie please @tiger_rick?

Just a classic cookie recipe. Probably came from the BBC site originally. The key is to cook from very cold so it doesn't just "melt".

150g soft butter, 80g light brown sugar and 80g granulated sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 large egg, 225g plain flour, ½ tsp bicab, ¼ tsp salt and 200g l choc chips.

Cream the butter and sugar, add the other wet stuff, then all the dry stuff, then the chocolate chips.

If you want to freeze, I either make balls and freeze them in a plastic Chinese takeaway tub or form a big log and just take slices off it as needed.

Thank you @tiger_rickI have some great cookie recipies but never manage to get them chewy. I have never tried it with the dough cold so will give this a go. Plus I really like the idea of having it prepared in the fridge/freezer ready to go when you fancy it as time is of the premium at the moment and I'm not getting much opportunity to cook or bake.