The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Sorry this thread is all me. Did Pizzas again yesterday and cheesy garlic bread. Fucking delightful.

image.png.a504607cc41ce00377f44f39769afeab.png

image.png.d703e118de7aed4c5d6f3a64f382b63e.png

image.thumb.png.37fc4eb8dd303880b1f6fe78598b889d.png

image.thumb.png.cc7ec21c04e0d8b61e626ea43f84c3f7.png

I brushed Olive oil on the stuffed crust and added a bit of parmesan which toasted beautifully in the oven. Think I'm ready to open a takeaway now :D

Dough recipe:

500g strong white flour (Plain flour works fine)

7g yeast dissolved in 325ml warm water.

tsp salt

Method:

Add yeasty water to dry ingredients, bring together as a dough. Bit of extra flour if it's too sticky. Knead 5-10 mins. Split into 4 and leave to prove for about an hour and a half. Knock the air out and roll or stretch. Toppings just Passata and a mix of Mozzarella and cheddar with a sprinkle of Parmesan.

For the Garlic bread, I just made a garlic butter instead of Passata.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Looks amazing. Best tip i ever got when making pizzas was to drizzle olive oil over your dough when you leave it to prove. Stops the top drying out, stops the portions sticking together when they expand and makes sure that nothing lands in the dough while its left. 

Edit:

Oh and those crumpets look amazing!

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Sorry this thread is all me. Did Pizzas again yesterday and cheesy garlic bread. Fucking delightful.

image.png.a504607cc41ce00377f44f39769afeab.png

image.png.d703e118de7aed4c5d6f3a64f382b63e.png

image.thumb.png.37fc4eb8dd303880b1f6fe78598b889d.png

image.thumb.png.cc7ec21c04e0d8b61e626ea43f84c3f7.png

I brushed Olive oil on the stuffed crust and added a bit of parmesan which toasted beautifully in the oven. Think I'm ready to open a takeaway now :D

Dough recipe:

500g strong white flour (Plain flour works fine)

7g yeast dissolved in 325ml warm water.

tsp salt

Method:

Add yeasty water to dry ingredients, bring together as a dough. Bit of extra flour if it's too sticky. Knead 5-10 mins. Split into 4 and leave to prove for about an hour and a half. Knock the air out and roll or stretch. Toppings just Passata and a mix of Mozzarella and cheddar with a sprinkle of Parmesan.

For the Garlic bread, I just made a garlic butter instead of Passata.

Pretty brilliant dude. That baking tray is awesome!

• Paid Members

Dinner this evening: egg rougaille. Practically anything can be made rougaille style, which is basically cooked in a sauce of garlic & ginger, onions, tomato, thyme, coriander, little bit of chilli, teaspoon of jeerah, bit of salt. Most popular kinds of rougaille are egg (basically lots of little omelettes just cooked and chucked in), fish, or corned beef. Even made a meatball version once.

Having it with basmati rice, and touffé (which I've posted on here before - basically vegetables, usually green leaves and sometimes a bit of potato, fried in garlic & ginger with a whole dried chilli).

IMG_20181221_182941.thumb.jpg.532a5ea0a2ed3cb4d60842d0576e5f5d.jpg

2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

How does everyone on here like their eggs done? I am a big fan of hard boiled eggs, mashed up very fine and mixed with seeds with added pepper in a bowl and then served with rice or toast, i prefer this way over scrambled, poached and fried

i do sometimes crack one into my porridge, but its rare 

Not a huge fan of any other way, personally, as i don't like to add oil or butter 

Like them hard boiled too. I use the Binging with Babish method. You steam them in a vegetable steamer instead of throwing them in boiling water. They cook perfectly and theres no chance of them cracking.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

17 hours ago, Ralphy said:

How does everyone on here like their eggs....

Fertilized.

Poached eggs with loads of salt and pepper, on wholemeal bread, half runny. If I'm ever delivering around where my mum lives I'll always pop in and get this as she's the only person in the world to perfect it. I've watched multiple vids a d read plenty of methods but I just can't crack the secret of perfect poached eggs.