PROGRESS Chapter One: In The Beginning / 25th March / London

ThisIsProgress

Tomorrow/Today (depending on how you look at it), Sunday 25th March, PROGRESS debuts at The Garage in Islington.

(20-22 Highbury Corner, London N5 1RD. Right opposite Highbury & Islington station).

Seats are virtually sold out, but there will be some standing room tickets available on the door for

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Maybe it's just the insane levels of Twitter hype for this show, but I'm really, really looking forward to this. Here's hoping for a cracking show, and regular shows here.

• Paid Members

Some live details from Da Gadge:

- Doors opened 15 minutes late.

- Inside 'The Garage':

tipn.jpg

I recognise a few familar faces from IPW:UK crowds, there.

- El Ligero beat Noam Dar with the C4L in 12:01 to advance to the final. "Great start" says Gadge.

- Nathan Cruz beat Colossus Kennedy with a 'Broski Boot' (Gadge thinks Cruz is a "shit Zack Ryder", you see) to advance to the final in 10:40. "Decent match".

- 'Loco' Mike Mason beat Colt 'Boom Boom' Cabana at 10:06 after hitting him with a chain. Mason advances to the final. Gadge describes this as "watchable", but notes that "Mason's strikes are awful".

- In what was reportedly "a fantastic bout", Marty Scurll pinned Zack Sabre Jr at 21:45 to advance to the final.

- Another pic from 'The Garage', which looks to me a lot like XWA's venue:

tip2f.jpg

- Darryl Allen hit a 450 splash on Zack Diamond, but Xander Cooper punted him in the head. Cooper then pinned Diamond at 13:43 to retain the "Scarlo Scholarship Title". Gadge describes this as "a really good next generation 3-way". He also states "This has been such a great show".

- 4-way elimination final goes all over the building and is described as "really good":

* Nathan Cruz eliminates El Ligero at 15:17 with another 'Broski Boot'.

* Marty Scurll eliminates Mike Mason at 15:41.

* Nathan Cruz pins Marty Scurll at 26:04 to win the match and become the first TIP Champion (if ever there was a title that Duke Droese or Ste 'Bin' Mann needed to win, surely this is it)

- TIP's return is announced for 24 June 2012.

Sounds kinda alright, doesn't it? I like the fact it is finished by ten-past-7 on a Sunday too - that'll make getting home easy and no late nights before school/work the next day.

Great show! The venue looked amazing and a real step up from the usual leisure centre/ town hall. The great lighting and sound system was balanced by the high drink prices which is the pact with using a proper venue in Central London I guess. There was a mostly wrestling crowd but many casual fans who probably would never go to a normal British show and they crested a lively but not snide atmosphere with popping for good holds matched with funny chants like 'Deep fried Mars bar', 'Shit Zack Ryder', 'Nazi Staff' and 'Ecchploder!'. Zack vs Marty was incredible but all the matches were good and had the people involved. Nathan vs Kennedy had a few too many All-Star spots which seemed a bit contrived in front of this crowd but Nathan looked like a star in this match and the main event but he should add the Alex Shane "Steal the Show in 5 seconds..' intro for his music. Well done to everybody involved and hopefully this could grow into something special.

I thought Nathan already used his own custom intro based on Alex Shane's old intro, was this not used today?

Yeah they did, Nathan has a great tune. I meant the actual electronic voice countdown that went before the song

Archived