PROGRESS Chapter One: In The Beginning / 25th March / London

ThisIsProgress

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the idea of seeing a show and not having to head home on trains and by foot in the winter at 11pm.

I shall be heading to this and seeing who I can drag along. Looks like it will be a very strong card with the names announced and the venue is a great one for pro wrestling. I also think it says something about the individuals running this show that they have managed to book such a cool venue (rather than the usual town hall type offering) for a first show.

Looking forward to it, and I hope it all goes well.

The Garage should be a great venue for some wrestling - looks like a great line up so far too. If there are front row seats left on payday i might order some - are there any still available?

front row seats all gone i'm afraid... however there are still standard (which includes 2nd row) and elevated seats available (and only a tenner!). seats are unallocated, so early arrival recommended to get the best available.

thanks for the nice words too :-)

• Paid Members

Looks a decent line-up. I don't think I'll be able to make the debut show, but I'll be looking out with interest to see how it goes with a view to possibly attending future events.

Out of interest, can I ask if this is an Alex Shane project, or at least involves him in some way? There seem to be several 'hints' in that direction:

- It's based in Central London, running out of a gig venue (similar to BritWresFest etc)

- The show features the likes of RJ Singh, Nathan Cruz, El Ligero and Collosus, all usually associated with projects close to Alex

- The just-announced link with the BWC

- The twitter campaign/buzz, hyping up ahead of the announcement/launch

- Some of the phrases and statements the promotion is putting out ("Revolutionise wrestling", "Progress") seem to be in keeping with Alex's former projects

- The "ThisIsProgress" username which is the face of the promotion on UKFF also seems "very Alex" (play on promotion name, no spaces etc), along the lines of previous ones

- The guy fronting the promotion (a stand-up comedian called "Jim Smallman") is, I believe, an associate of Alex's

Not that it matters, I'm just interested.

Out of interest, can I ask if this is an Alex Shane project, or at least involves him in some way? There seem to be several 'hints' in that direction:

- It's based in Central London, running out of a gig venue (similar to BritWresFest etc)

- The show features the likes of RJ Singh, Nathan Cruz, El Ligero and Collosus, all usually associated with projects close to Alex

- Some of the phrases and statements the promotion is putting out ("Revolutionise wrestling", "Progress") seem to be in keeping with Alex's former projects

- The "ThisIsProgress" username which is the face of the promotion on UKFF also seems "very Alex" (play on promotion name, no spaces etc), along the lines of previous ones

- The guy fronting the promotion (a stand-up comedian called "Jim Smallman") is, I believe, an associate of Alex's

Of course you can ask, happy to clarify.

It's not an Alex Shane project and he's not involved in any way other than helping us set up the BWC connection. I like Alex and I am working with him on other non-wrestling projects, but he is not involved in PROGRESS.

The talent on the show was all sourced by me (Jon) and my co-promoter Jim Smallman (no quotation marks required, he's a real person!). Sourced by going to watch shows.

The promo campaign is all us - my background is in promoting comedy shows for the last 10 years, so hopefully I'm at least approaching knowing what I'm doing!

As for Jim being an associate of Alex's, I'm not sure that's entirely right - he has appeared on WrestleTalkTV twice (which Alex produces), but I wouldn't say that he's aligned to him any more than any of the other guests on that show. Jim no longer does WTTV because he fronts The Slam on Sports Tonight instead.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any other questions if I can.

Jon

• Paid Members

Of course you can ask, happy to clarify.

It's not an Alex Shane project and he's not involved in any way other than helping us set up the BWC connection. I like Alex and I am working with him on other non-wrestling projects, but he is not involved in PROGRESS.

The talent on the show was all sourced by me (Jon) and my co-promoter Jim Smallman (no quotation marks required, he's a real person!). Sourced by going to watch shows.

The promo campaign is all us - my background is in promoting comedy shows for the last 10 years, so hopefully I'm at least approaching knowing what I'm doing!

As for Jim being an associate of Alex's, I'm not sure that's entirely right - he has appeared on WrestleTalkTV twice (which Alex produces), but I wouldn't say that he's aligned to him any more than any of the other guests on that show. Jim no longer does WTTV because he fronts The Slam on Sports Tonight instead.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any other questions if I can.

Jon

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, it didn't particularly matter, I just found it interesting.

Best of luck with this venture. This is certainly one of the more eye-catching of the upstart UK wrestling promotions of the last couple of years, and I'll be looking out with interest.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, it didn't particularly matter, I just found it interesting.

Best of luck with this venture. This is certainly one of the more eye-catching of the upstart UK wrestling promotions of the last couple of years, and I'll be looking out with interest.

thank you, appreciate that.

Archived