Austin

Vice

Im sure wrestling one more match would be nothing compared to an MMA match, i think Brock would be fine.

I'm not sure this is true. He's going to have to take a lot more bumps in a competitive wrestling match than he would in an MMA match.

• Paid Members

Whilst i would love to see CM Punk Vs Austin, I dont think Punk would go over. I just cant see Austin being beaten by him. Other than that, i cant see him wreslting anybody else maybe other than orton, and I'd imagine Orton would go over in a "Passing the torch" style moment.Of the various matches mentioned for lesner, i would rather Lesner/Taker than Austin/Lesner.

I'd love to see Austin/Rock one more time. I don't give a fuck if it wouldn't help anyone in the long term or give anyone a main event rub. It would make my day, or even year.

Try watching Wrestlemania XIX on DVD.
Yeah, I've seen it. Truly fantastic. The ending where Rock shoves Hebner out of the way while he whispers sweet nothings is class.

Im sure wrestling one more match would be nothing compared to an MMA match, i think Brock would be fine.

I'm not sure this is true. He's going to have to take a lot more bumps in a competitive wrestling match than he would in an MMA match.
Please tell me you aren't comparing a wrestling match and an MMA fight in terms of which hurts the most.

Not so much in what hurts the most but in terms of what will be the most physically taxing in Brock's current condition. Say they have a twenty minute match, Brcok's going to have to bump quite a few times against Austin, a lot more than he would in an MMA bout, he's gonna have to do a hell of a lot more movement and he's not going to have breaks between rounds, even with the potential of doing rest holds and stand offs. This isn't a five minute match on RAW we're talking about. The logical person would look at Brock and Austin if they ever were to have a match and think "well, they're not going to be able to do that much" but on that night the expectations would still be huge, far bigger than they should be. They'd have to go all out for the crowd not to be disappointed, and while that may not be so much of a problem for Brock I've always suspected that that's why Austin's been reluctant to do a comeback. Wrestling and MMA are different disciplines, and anyone who thinks an MMA fight is far and away tougher than a physically intense twenty five minute wrestling match (we're not talking a comedy bout or a squash) is deluded. It's not going to happen anyway. Even if both did come back, Austin would have to be a fucking nutter to agree to one last match with a rusty Brock Lesnar. Even when Brock was working full time he probably' wouldn't have agreed to it, that's not going to change now.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Vamp your talking like he's going to war or something. A few bumps, stalling and listening to the crowd reaction, is far better than getting punched in the face like he's been doing the last few fights. Its a nostalgia match. They wont have to do anything. And in wrestling you control what punishment you take. I bet Brock would be going into a match with Austin with about 1000 less butterflys than he did before he fought Overeem.

Also, Austin wrestled for about 13 years. He's not a idiot. He wont do anything he doesnt want to do, so there would be absolutely no worries about Austin getting hurt, for the simple fact that Brock or Austin wouldnt do something they dont like because they dont need to. From 1997-2003, Austin wrestled with a compressed vertebrae. If there's one person in the history of wrestling, who knows how to work with someone without getting hurt, its Steve Austin.

Aren't Brock problems intestinal? They've got bugger all to do with his face. Personally I can see fans expecting Brock to go all out in a return match and, given that wrestling is a different discipline, I think it might be a little short sighted to assume his body will adapt to it well. I think he'd have to do quite a few bumps, in a short space of time, which he probably needs to see if his body adapts too well before it's completely taken for granted that he won't have any problems. I reckon it'd be a case of him testing it out first. I mean, he's a freak anyway so it probably won't bother him too much if the money's great but I don't think think it should just be assumed that it'll be a walk in the park for him, which is what the original post I was replying to suggested. Plus there was a suggestion that any MMA bout is naturally tougher than any wrestling bout, which I find doubtful. Not so much this match, although I think expectations would end up being higher than they should be for it, but some of the more physically intense matches that you that last seemingly for ever.

And you're ptretty much agreeing with me about Austin, since that's what I was getting at. I can't see Austin being too likely to think it's a good idea to go into a ring with a guy who's never exactly been safe in the ring. Especially with the rust.

I've edited this from the original because I realised how irritable I was at the time.

• Paid Members

So what if he's got intestinal injuries? I dont think Austin or Undertaker or anyone is targetting that part of his body, and I sure Lesnar would try and protect himself from any damage. He's far safer in the ring with Steve Austin pretending to hit him, than someone who's out to boot him in his gut for real. Wrestling isnt ballet, but Lesnar is far safer knowing his spots than if he's in there with someone wanting to cause him damage.

Anyway, its obviously you who's ignoring me, because I actually addressed all your concerns by stating how moves and actual workload have never meant a thing when it comes to the general public buying into two big draws like these two. Just because someone on the UKFF thinks he might do a Shooting Star Press, does that mean he actually will? Lesnar was a very good worker, but his whole drawing ability was down to his look and his aura. He wasnt Chris Benoit or Shawn Michaels, so I dont see where these "expectations" come from. Wrestlings a spectical. Its not point scoring.

*sigh* You're being very aggressive with all this, then again I suppose I was a bit irritable with you at first. Sorry, didn't mean to turn it that way. Anyway...obviously no one's going to target that, but obviously bumps are going to effect that more than being kicked in the leg are. And he's going to have to take bumps, several of them. I should imagien there's a higher chance of that area being hrut in a wrestling match than there is an MMA bout.

And you're kidding yourself on the Brock taken purely as a monster bit. Sorry, but you are. The reason Brock caught the imagination of the fans so much was because he was a monster who was also capable of wrestlign a style that wasn't usually expected from men that size before. And I didn't say he would do a Shooting Star Press? Odd. Anyway...I think the live WrestleMania audience would have a higher expectation of him than you do. I might be wrong on that, that's the flaw in my argument. It might be he could have a very lesiurely match, what I've suggested is that his body might not adapt to wrestling again as smoothly as suggested. That's all. I don't actually know what you're getting at with the point scoring bit, it doesn't relate to anything I've said, and given my preferance more for spectacle, and less for stupid head drops I don't see why someone would think that's what I'm about. Oh well, fair enough.

We obviously disagree. My point is that Brock's body might not adapt completely smoothly to going back to his old discipline of pro wrestling again because it ill obviously effect his body in a different way to MMA. And that we should discredit the potential difficulty his body might have in that. I think it more stems from the fact I'm assuming it won't be Austin he faces if he does have a comeback, and that the fans will probably expect quite a bit from his match. Not all of them of course, probably depends on the crowd that showed up. And I've actually referred more to the live WrestleMania crowd than the general buying public.

I would imagine if Austin had a choice of Lesnar, Goldberg or Cena he'd go for Cena.

• Paid Members
*sigh* You're being very aggressive with all this.

You just threw a fit and then edited your post (and then edited your second post to point out that you were being "irritable"). Your the one that was being aggressive, not me.

You obviously dont understand what I'm saying, so I cant be arsed to reply to points what I've already addressed in this very thread or even brought up.

Well, you did open with the 'fucking war' comment which was completely blowing what I'd said out of proportion. I did just realise that I might have acted badly in response though and apologised, like I said, I've been irritable today. Sorry bud.

I do understand what you're saying, hence why I've responsed to them with my opinions. You have brought them up, I've replied to them and disagreed with them, that doesn't mean that I don't 'understand what you're sayig'. Sorry if it seems that way. On with the conversation chaps. I've even conceeded that I might be wrong with how I see things.

Archived