Most over move in pro-wrestling?

tiger_rick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think somebody needs to start using a DDT as a finish. Nobody in WWE really uses it much as a regular move. Cody Rhodes was using it but changed it for a CAW finish, now he's feuding with Booker T as a punishment from God.

Drew McIntyre uses one?And Edge used that crappy variation for a while too.

Did Rock ever kick out of the stunner?

Sure he did at WrestleMania X-Seven and WrestleMania XIX.
Don't forget Wrestlemania XV, as well, as it was Austin who hit Rock with two stunners (the Rock had kicked out of the first one) and I remeber the commentary team subsequently stating they couldn't recall anybody ever doing that. Then Rock, himself, boasting, during the subsequent weeks after their match, that it took two stunners to beat him. As for the main topic; as others have said; RKO/Diamond cutter (Back in 1997 whenever DDP would hit the diamond cutter the crowds would go nuts; my faves, both from 97, have to be one he does on Scott Hall on nitro when he shakes his hand, tricking him into thinking he's joined the NWO, and at Starcade 1997 when he does it to Curt Henning who sells it beautifully) Other honourable mentions go to:Stinger splash (fans always seemed to love it)Ric Flair chop slap (so simple a move yet so synonymous with Flair that whenenver any wrestler does it the fans go "WOOOOOO")I'm sure there are many, many others, but can't think of them.

• Paid Members

Canadian Destroyer

Off topic but I never really liked the Canadian Destroyer but it was just too much for me, I just could get into it. However I loved the Texas Destroyer. Some how it just seemed much better. It seemed more impact full and some how more natural, particularly from how the receiver would sell. I never liked how most people sold the Canadian DestroyerIt obviously was never over but, which Is why I said it was off topic before I started.

El generico's brainbuster

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
On an indy scale it's pretty over. Any time Generico sets it up, pretty much everyone in the audience stands. It's helped by the fact that nobody ever kicks out of it. It's probably the only absolute finisher in indy wrestling.Of course, it really shouldn't be thrown out there alongside moves like the 619 and stuff. As I said, it's a different scale entirely, but I do see where he's coming from.
I wouldn't know how over it is, but if it's the one on the turnbuckle I think it looks unspectacular and sloppy.

El generico's brainbuster

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
On an indy scale it's pretty over. Any time Generico sets it up, pretty much everyone in the audience stands. It's helped by the fact that nobody ever kicks out of it. It's probably the only absolute finisher in indy wrestling.Of course, it really shouldn't be thrown out there alongside moves like the 619 and stuff. As I said, it's a different scale entirely, but I do see where he's coming from.
I wouldn't know how over it is, but if it's the one on the turnbuckle I think it looks unspectacular and sloppy.
It's a ridiculous move really. It's certainly overly dangerous, and I'd imagine quite hard to get right. Probably why you don't tend to see it THAT much. But it certainly is over. For an indy move.

• Paid Members

Did anyone kick out of the 3D? I remember when nWo appeared in WWE, and Scott Hall told the Dudleys that they had a hell of a finish and that he couldn't wait to kick out of it. Who's the man. I remember at the time someone said that nobody had kicked out of the 3D.

I don't mind the DDT no longer being a finisher but when the person taking the bump makes it look as if they've been spiked down on top of their head, which looks great, but then doesn't sell it for the rest of the match it really bugs me. If you're going to take it like death then at least sell it like death otherwise what's the bloody point? And yeah, I know this is a bit rich coming from someone who watches lucha every now and then.

• Moderators
Did anyone kick out of the 3D? I remember when nWo appeared in WWE, and Scott Hall told the Dudleys that they had a hell of a finish and that he couldn't wait to kick out of it. Who's the man.

Scott Hall's the man. That's terrific. Really terrific. Up there with "I'm in the wrestling business, not the friendship business."

Archived