THEY fucked your push up

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

The swine. Taz is currently in my good books though because I stumbled accross him talking about his WWF debut on Youtube the other day and he was crying. Made me look at him in a whole new light, as opposed to the usual dim orange one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O'Haire thing is a funny one. It always feels like a huge missed opportunity because the vignettes were one of my favourite things they've ever done and O'Haire has a fantastic look and can do some spectacular stuff in the ring for a man his size. All of that said, with O'Haire I think it falls apart when he actually wrestles matches and has to do anything unscripted because I don't think he's very naturally charismatic and wrestles in the same unengaging style as a lot of his fellow later Power Plant graduates.I agree that it felt like they didn't even try though, and that perhaps they didn't know themselves where to go with it once the vignettes were done.

I think the trouble with it (apart from O'Haire's own problems) was that when you take it from the introductory vignettes to actually participating in a wrestling show, the character was basically Just Joe.

• Paid Members

Yeah that too; that's the main reason I thought it'd suit a non-wrestling character much better. A backstage manipulator type who could split up stables/tag teams etc.

• Paid Members

I think Tomko in TNA falls into this category. He looked as though he was gonna break out as a main event babyface if they pulled the trigger on him, but instead had him side as a heel with Kurt Angle. All momentum was lost, and he wound up on the chopping board.

• Paid Members

Yeah that too; that's the main reason I thought it'd suit a non-wrestling character much better. A backstage manipulator type who could split up stables/tag teams etc.

They could have done something like having him cause countless problems backstage on a brand only to latter be revealed as being employed by the rival GM in order to destabilise the brand. And then of course, when he was needed in the ring it could have been on PPV in inter-brand tag matches

I think Tomko in TNA falls into this category. He looked as though he was gonna break out as a main event babyface if they pulled the trigger on him, but instead had him side as a heel with Kurt Angle. All momentum was lost, and he wound up on the chopping board.

Such a pity, he was on fire for a while with them, but to be fair he fucked up his 2nd WWE run himself by turning up out of shape. I guess he's done now as a wrestler..? Or is he in Japan somewhere?

Such a pity, he was on fire for a while with them, but to be fair he fucked up his 2nd WWE run himself by turning up out of shape. I guess he's done now as a wrestler..? Or is he in Japan somewhere?
Not quite. News reporttomko-mugshot.jpeg

Lo Down.D'LO and Chaz were interesting, getting good responses, I think they'd just beaten the Dudleys . . . then they dressed them up in pointy shoes and turbans and lumbered them with Tiger Ali Singh as a manger. I seem to remember an angle when they couldn't get into the building because security didn't know who they were.

• Moderators

I wish I could remember who said this and in what thread because it made me chuckle but...Someone off this forum bumped into him at the airport a few weeks ago and asked him if he was done with wrestling and why, and his answer was "yep. Too many faggots."...and he seemed like such a nice chap too.Oh... hold on. That might have been about Luther Reigns. I get the two confused. But I think that's right, and Luther is in Japan?In conclusion - I don't know anything, and have nothing to offer but a second hand poorly remembered annecdote.

How were they interesting? There gimmick was that they wore white trousers. That was it.

I don't think they needed much of a gimmick given time to evolve. The crowd seemed to enjoy the double teams they were coming up with if I remember. The stage dive into Low Down finish was great if I remember rightly.Plus D'Lo was such a big personality, the juxtaposition between him and the less 'over the top' Chaz. It would have certainly been better than the turbans.

I don't know if anyone's said him yet, but Crimson needs a mention. I am one of the minority, it seems, who actually sees something in Crimson, but by god he's been booked woefully.

It's a fucking undefeated streak! How hard is it to book an undefeated streak! Week 1 - Squash. Week 2 - Squash. Week 9000 - Squash. More squash than a day at the fucking Robinson's factory. Instead we have this fucking debacle where Crimson's winning by DQ or not even winning at all.

If you want to make him look fearful, just have him squash the X Division and random jobbers week after week after week. 3/4 minutes maximum per match. Hell, I'd have had him "invade" the X Division, destroy them all and than have Joe fight to save the Division's credibility. Every match should be a clean, decisive victory, hell, he shouldn't even be knocked off his feet for the first 2/3 dozen matches, so that when someone finally does give Crimson a challenge, it's a big moment.

Instead, we have this farce where Crimson gets his arse kicked in every match and is generally dull as all hell. No-one believes Crimson to be a threat, and it's certainly not Crimson's fault, because he has the tools to go far. Book him right, you spivs!

and lumbered them with Tiger Ali Singh as a manger.

Lumbered with Tiger Ali Singh? Lumbered?

I actually thought that gimmick just made them stand out a bit, which they didn't really before and was probably quite hard to do at the time given the fact that htey actually had a tag team division at that point. They were only ever going to be jobbers in it anyway.

I disagree. Yes lumbered, the guy never added anything positive to the product.

I think Low Down could have had a decent run in the tag division, they beat the Hardy's whilst the Hardy's had the belts so the company obviously had faith in them at some point.

Archived