Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V's best look?

Shovanist Pig

I think the likes of MVP and A-Train, who are in the big leagues in Japan, haven't fallen. Neither have those that go to TNA. Big Visc on the other hand has, this AJPW or whatever it's called is a very niche, small company in the grand scheme of things. Whether or not he gets a push there has no effect on improving his standing as a whole at this stage in his career.

They still get crowds in the thousands, and they're flying half way across the world to work for them. I'll fully accept that he was at a higher point in WWE, but "oh how the mighty have fallen" seems pretty dramatic for someone who, at least at face value, seems to be plodding along pretty well.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is an attendance figure for an AJPW event usually around 2,000 thousand? That shows to me the difference between the integrity of working for the WWE, compared to the humiliation of being a tag team champion in AJPW following such a sterling career. WWE is bigger in every single way than AJPW, it doesn't matter how well he's doing in the company, the shoddiness of the company itself renders it null and void. By simply being in such a lowly company, Viscera has indeed fallen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is an attendance figure for an AJPW event usually around 2,000 thousand? That shows to me the difference between the integrity of working for the WWE, compared to the humiliation of being a tag team champion in AJPW following such a sterling career. WWE is bigger in every single way than AJPW, it doesn't matter how well he's doing in the company, the shoddiness of the company itself renders it null and void. By simply being in such a lowly company, Viscera has indeed fallen.

A quick search brought up 8000 people attending a show in March, it looks like in general attendance would be about 2000-5000. And if that's considered "lowly", I don't know what to tell you. It just struck me as an odd comment, since despite being worse off than when in WWE, he's doing well for himself.

how do you manage to get dressed in the morning without help considering your stunning intelllect.

WWE is bigger than any other promotion in the world in terms of dollar value and worldwide exposure. Any wrestler who isnt workign for the company is therefore lowly in your view.

AJPW have in the past pulled audiences regulary over 40000 to house show events. compare that to WWE's average house show attendance in 2011-Q2, WWE averaged 5,600 in attendance per event domestically, excluding the effect of WrestleMania. That compares to 5,800 people in 2010-Q2 and 7,200 people (excluding the effect of WrestleMania) in 2009-Q2.

International attendance was 6,600 fans per event in 2011-Q2. That compares to 8,200 fans per event in 2010-Q2 and 8,100 fans in 2009-Q2

Even if you take your figure of 2000 per house show, you show me 3 other promotions that draw those figures on a weekly basis outside of Mexico. so while he is working outside of the WWE he is working for one of the bigger promotions that would be available to him.

How exactly is AJPW shoddy?

• Paid Members

Humiliation. HUMILIATION. Fucking hell mate. AJPW may not be the force it was in the 1980's but it's still a prestigious company and I'm sure being the Tag Champion isn't too shabby and probably helps when it's payday for his yen. Yes everyone who leaves the WWE someway has fallen and sometimes in the case of people like Brock they have options open and leave with some momentum. It's a bit wank to call a company shoddy just because they don't score a regular crowd to a company who work in a different style and for a different culture and only come over to pop the Japanese twice a year.

Look at the bit in bold. Hogan (while Viscera is no way near as big as Hogan) works for TNA, a lowly company compared to WWE some would say. Does he have it shit. Does he fuck. Working for WWE is not the be all and end all. Viscera hasn't fallen, he just doesn't work for the WWE. Everyone has a shelf life, especially when your only going to be a mid-act like Vis (I love Vis but I think he would have failed on a money/ratings/PPV scale if he got paired with say Cena).

I wouldn't say Vis has had a sterling career either. He's had a few decent runs but a lot of them were squashing Kaientai on Heat on Channel 4. Comparing AJPW and WWE is also a bit mental. It's like comparing WWE and AAA or EMLL. It's different cultures, countries and styles.

Archived