Dave "Soulman" Bond

britishwrestlinglegends

Thought someone would have already mentioned this? Dave "Butcher" Bond, Who wrestled in the World of Sport era has sadly passed away. He played a fantastic villain in the 1970"s/80"s & also team with Johnny Kincaid as one half of "The Caribbean Sunshine Boys", a team that generated so much "Heat" that they eventually had to be disbanded for everyones safety!He was a regular at the Southern Wrestlers Reunion in Kent & a very approachable nice guy :thumbsup: .

Dammit, how old was he?There were pictures of him at a recent wrestling reunion and he looked well.EDIT: Here he is, on the left.35978_460537445411_675700411_6757041_5327339_n.jpgHe was 57 apparently. No age at all.

Nice photo. Back in 1970"s racism was not only rife, but almost an acceptable way of life? "Love Thy Neighbour", Bernard Manning etc.etc. Those guys in this photo had to deal with this on a daily basis, In life, In the Dressing rooms & most scarily, At Ringside! It makes you wonder how they coped? It really was that bad. But they loved wrestling & made the most out of it. All three of them are really nice guys :thumbsup: .

he is against Tony St Clair. This is the only WOS match I know of that features a ringside fight between a wrestler and members of the crowd. (at about 13 minutes)
Well that certainly backs up my theory about the crowds! Dangerous times if you happened to be black. Mind you, They could certainly look after themselves! I guess it was a case of having to?

RIP Butcher Bond. I appreciated his style, and his team with Kincaid was very good indeed - you could imagine them rolling into clubs, Kincaid as the flash Harry trying it on with your missus, with Bond looming by his side ready for a ruck if you got the ache. He will be greatly missed.

Archived