Brock Lesnar *UFC Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I don't see Dos Santos being able to beat Overeem to be honest. He's going to try and stand with him, which isn't wise. Someone like Velasquez, or even Frank Mir, are the types of guys who will give Overeem trouble in my opinion.

I think Dos Santos can beat Overeem. Overeem will have been the most dangerous striker he'll have faced but I still think he'll hold an advantage in speed, chin and cardio and I think he may be a harder puncher aswell. Overeem's got the better overall striking game though and lethal with knees and kicks.Overeem is a great striker but I think people are getting carried away to be honest. He's not unbeatable even in the stand up. Sergei Kharitonov has actually got a fairly similar striking style to Dos Santos and he went 1-1 with Reem and made him quit in the second fight.Many though Gilbert Yvel should give JDS problems being the more complete striker and while he's no Overeem in terms of K-1 accomplishments he's still a very good kickboxer and JDS sparked him in about 2 minutes.It's a great fight. I'm 50/50 on it but I'm seeing a lot of people writing off Dos Santos and I think Overeem's being a tad overrated myself.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have to give JDS more credit than a lot of people do and when he faces Reem he stands a good chance. I think what he would need to do is attack early and hit him with a flurry of punches. JDS would really be in trouble if he gave Reem too much time to get settled and take shots from the outside. Just get in there close and start unloading.

Archived