Brock Lesnar *UFC Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they did end up enticing Lesnar back, do you think that would also tempt Austin back? I reckon Lesnar would be one of the few matches he'd be interested in doing.

• Paid Members
If they did end up enticing Lesnar back, do you think that would also tempt Austin back? I reckon Lesnar would be one of the few matches he'd be interested in doing.

Funnily enough, Austin said recently if he was to return it would be against either CM Punk or Brock Lesnar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some wrestling fans went with him, but I'm sure the fact he was going to be instanty hated by the hardcore MMA fans right from the start, and the "Jesus, he's fucking big!" factor played just as big parts in his success.

On a slightly related note, it's this factor which should make it interesting to see how popular Alistair Overeem becomes in the US. He's basically as big as Brock, but more impressive looking, plus he obivously wiped the floor with Lesnar in devastating fashion.

Interesting times ahead for MMA fans, that's for sure.

• Paid Members
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some wrestling fans went with him, but I'm sure the fact he was going to be instanty hated by the hardcore MMA fans right from the start, and the "Jesus, he's fucking big!" factor played just as big parts in his success.

On a slightly related note, it's this factor which should make it interesting to see how popular Alistair Overeem becomes in the US. He's basically as big as Brock, but more impressive looking, plus he obivously wiped the floor with Lesnar in devastating fashion.

On another slightly related note to the above, what was the Lesner/Overeem fight like? As during his last defeat, he kind of looked like he wasnt really trying that hard and i'm not suggesting anything, but do you think he may of "On purpose not won his fights ;) ;) " to get out of his UFC contract?

I know hes really big and everything, and of course having "gut rot 5000" really doesnt help but its a thought anyway.

On another slightly related note to the above, what was the Lesner/Overeem fight like? As during his last defeat, he kind of looked like he wasnt really trying that hard and i'm not suggesting anything, but do you think he may of "On purpose not won his fights ;) ;) " to get out of his UFC contract?

I know hes really big and everything, and of course having "gut rot 5000" really doesnt help but its a thought anyway.

No, I think he came into the fight much like he did when he fought Cain Velasquez. He knew he was in over his head. Both Velasquez & Overeem are operating at the very top of the heavyweight division, which is beyond what Lesnar can cope with.

He tried taking Overeem down twice, and failed. After that he looked to have run out of ideas and was simply in survival mode. Standing opposie someone of Overeems striking ability means you won't survive for too long.

For what it's worth, Lesnar has been suspended until the end of June because of abdominal injuries as a result of the fight. He obviously took some really hard shots.

• Paid Members
For what it's worth, Lesnar has been suspended until the end of June because of abdominal injuries as a result of the fight. He obviously took some really hard shots.

Yep

lesnarovere-1.gif

fc141aovetkobles.gif

And the 3 biggest shots landed right in the same place aswell. 2 big knees right to the liver and then the final kick to the same spot and that was the end of it. The punches after that kick were just the cherry on the bakewell tart.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post but breaking news...

Dana White says Brock can go to WWE if he wants

He was pissed when he said it though. That is video evidence of him saying Brock can go to the 'WE' though.

After playing with Brock a fair few times in WWE12, I've revisited a lot of his matches on DVD and on YouTube.

He's actually a lot better than I remember, and his strength and movement is like no other man they have on the roster.

He just has a ridiculous mix of speed, strength and wrestling ability. I would love to see him back if he were motivated.

Archived