Brock Lesnar *UFC Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Like others have said - i think he might come back for a match at mania but thats about it. Isn't Sable retired now and happy living the farm life with the kids. God she landed on her feet didn't she? Married a mid-card wrestler and proceeded to get more over than him by wearing tight clothes. Made a bucket load of money, then married a a millionaire farm boy who she has prob got wrapped around her finger.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been so blatant in his book about being a money grabber, doing whatever he needs to do to make the most money. Can WWE justify paying him what he will want paid for one or two matches? He is hardly The Rock. I personally have no interest in seeing Brock -vs- Taker. I think it would be shit. Taker's at that stage of his career where he needs to be in there with guys who can carry him a bit ie. HBK, HHH. Brock's not a worker.

THE BASTARD...

He has been so blatant in his book about being a money grabber, doing whatever he needs to do to make the most money. Can WWE justify paying him what he will want paid for one or two matches? He is hardly The Rock. I personally have no interest in seeing Brock -vs- Taker. I think it would be shit. Taker's at that stage of his career where he needs to be in there with guys who can carry him a bit ie. HBK, HHH. Brock's not a worker.

THE BASTARD...

Yeah, it's not bad business for him but is it bad business for WWE to allow Brock to come in when he admittedly doesnt give a shit about the company, the wrestling industry as a whole, or anyone else there. It would do the company and the morale of the locker room more harm than good.

eah, it's not bad business for him but is it bad business for WWE to allow Brock to come in when he admittedly doesnt give a shit about the company, the wrestling industry as a whole, or anyone else there. It would do the company and the morale of the locker room more harm than good.

Would he be any different to other mainstream celebs that WWE have paid a small fortune for and are just in it for the payday. Snooki, PBF, Tyson, Pamela Anderson etc etc

• Paid Members
Arguably though, the celebs from different areas of the entertainment industry raise the profile of the WWE withing those areas. Brock doesn't have that to offer. MMA fans wouldn't buy Wrestlemania to watch Brock wrestle.

MMA fans hate Brock Lesnar. Yet he's been the biggest draw in UFC. So does that suggest a load of wrestling fans followed Brock to UFC or that UFC fans will pay to see a heel get beat more than anything else.

Arguably though, the celebs from different areas of the entertainment industry raise the profile of the WWE withing those areas. Brock doesn't have that to offer. MMA fans wouldn't buy Wrestlemania to watch Brock wrestle.

MMA fans hate Brock Lesnar. Yet he's been the biggest draw in UFC. So does that suggest a load of wrestling fans followed Brock to UFC or that UFC fans will pay to see a heel get beat more than anything else.

I think it's a case of Lesnar attracting new fans to the sport (some of them will undoubtedly be wrestling fans) more than anything else. The question is, how many of them will follow Lesnar out of MMA?

It's also worth remembering that UFC have fans who will order a fight card to see all of the fights, not just the main event. Many of those fans may not have been particualrly fond of Lesnar, but their main reason for buying perhaps wasn't just to see him get beat.

• Paid Members
It's also worth remembering that UFC have fans who will order a fight card to see all of the fights, not just the main event. Many of those fans may not have been particualrly fond of Lesnar, but their main reason for buying perhaps wasn't just to see him get beat.

There have been far better top to bottom cards without him on that haven't drawn nearly as well so I wouldn't buy that.

the bottom line perhaps is that the WWE don't stand to gain much on recruiting Lesnar for a big match. the time and investment needed to even create the match does not offset the cost of bringing lesnar in. the payoff wont be as great. Lesnar was never THAT valuable to the wrestlign industry. He admittedly "got in to get out" and didnt leave that big a mark IMO. Sure, he was good, he had natural athletic ability,. He was much better suited to fighting than he ever was pro wrestling i felt.

There have been far better top to bottom cards without him on that haven't drawn nearly as well so I wouldn't buy that.

Yeah, that'll be where the people who are buying specifically for Lesnar would come in. Pro wrestling fans, casual fans who recognise his name and so forth. Lesnar brought fans in from the outside, which is what his big appeal to the company was. They hoped that some of those fans he brought in would hang around once he'd gone.

• Paid Members
Yeah, that'll be where the people who are buying specifically for Lesnar would come in. Pro wrestling fans, casual fans who recognise his name and so forth. Lesnar brought fans in from the outside, which is what his big appeal to the company was. They hoped that some of those fans he brought in would hang around once he'd gone.

Will be interesting to see what happens now. Where UFC are in a much better position than WWE is that they have many drawing cards. So St. Pierre, Silva, Rampage, etc will have to pick up the slack. Also, the heavyweight scene was a bit stagnant before Lesnar, now there are guys like Dos Santos, CV and now Overeem who excite.

• Paid Members

I think the wrestling fans Lesnar gets credited as "bringing with him" would be be the types that had already stopped watching before or during Brock's time on top in WWE.

I don't think it gets questioned enough, that if these wrestling fans were such big fans of Brock Lesnar that they would start buying UFC shows just to see him compete, then why were only a quarter (guess) of them buying wrestling shows that he was headlining?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some wrestling fans went with him, but I'm sure the fact he was going to be instanty hated by the hardcore MMA fans right from the start, and the "Jesus, he's fucking big!" factor played just as big parts in his success.

The true test of his drawing power will come if/when he headlines another WWE ppv. I've got a feeling some people are going to end up quite disappointed.

• Paid Members
The true test of his drawing power will come if/when he headlines another WWE ppv. I've got a feeling some people are going to end up quite disappointed.

Why? Everyone knows the WWE business went down the shitter between 2001 and, well now, and that no-one in the business in the past 10 years can be considered any sort of major draw. Lesnar being back will be ace because he's ace. Who really cares if it draws?

Your other point might be right. He was certainly 3 or 4 times the draw in MMA to WWE. I don't know how to explain that.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's also about timing and storyline interest, The Rock proved that with his in-ring return.

I'd argue Brock was a bigger draw in UFC than in WWE because the millions who used to watch him on telly in WWE HAD to pay to see him fight (and it's a shoot, yo). It's not like WWE where you'll see him on Smackdown every week and on every other PPV. He'll do a Countdown special and a few shows a year and you're done.

• Paid Members

Why? Everyone knows the WWE business went down the shitter between 2001 and, well now, and that no-one in the business in the past 10 years can be considered any sort of major draw. Lesnar being back will be ace because he's ace. Who really cares if it draws?

I won't disagree. I should have ended that last sentence with "if they think he's going to drastically make a difference to business."

Archived