Brock Lesnar *UFC Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this (unless I missed it). Brock Lesnar said he's done with MMA after his loss at UFC 141. Now unless he's going to try Baseball or Ice Hockey next, surely he's got to come back to pro-wrestling? And surely WWE is his only option?

Anyone heard anything? As soon as he said he was done with MMA, I got seriously excited!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to see him back but can he hack it. I thought he didnt like the travel. Im sure i read somewhere that he was borderline Alcoholic when he was with the E

I'm sure he could get himself a shorter schedule now. Raw after Wrestlemania isn't a bad shout. Only thing is, when I think of a Brock return, I think of his physique circa 2002. I wonder how his body would cope too. I can't see him being able to do his big power moves so well.

EDIT: Perhaps have him appear and build towards him vs. someone at a big event like Summerslam or Mania like they did with Rock/Cena.

• Paid Members

According to JR:

Also, speaking of the former WWE Champion, IF Brock ever returns to WWE it will be for one, big mega event ala a Wrestlemania. Lesnar will NEVER go back on the road on any thing that even remotely resembles a part time schedule.

In another blog he mentioned that he would most likely only do something like 'Mania, if it involved him not turning up on TV at all until the event itself.

• Moderators

Dana's made it clear that just because you're retired, doesn't mean you're out of contract. So I think it'll be a while before he does anything, and if he does go to WWE for a match next mania or something they'll have to barter some kind of deal with UFC.

i recently bought lesnar's autobiography and whilst reading he stated that he hated the schedule as he was always away from his family and farm .... he's clearly made enough money to enjoy a nice life , farm and be with his family .. he also stated he thought vince was a manipulative asshole and lesnar said he never wanted to end up like so many in the locker room with no escape from the E ... due to being around people like flair and hogan who just can't let it go ... with all this being said i very much doubt he'd come back for a full time or even part time schedule yet i could see him getting in WWE shape and having one last big Mania Match ... thats the best we're gonna get out lesnar ... yet for all its worth i'd love to see him back even for one big match ... his debut still gives me goosebumps and hypes me up for a gym .. plus he had one of the best entrance musics and finishers ...

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this (unless I missed it). Brock Lesnar said he's done with MMA after his loss at UFC 141. Now unless he's going to try Baseball or Ice Hockey next, surely he's got to come back to pro-wrestling? And surely WWE is his only option?

He doesn't have to be "surely" doing anything. He may be happy enough to sit on his farm in the wilderness and do fuck all for the foreseeable future. He's still under contract to the UFC anyway, so I wouldn't be expecting to see him in WWE this year.

Surprise Rumble entrant maybe? I can't see him doing anything other than a major event like JR has said, maybe a quick stint in the Rumble to set something up for Mania. With his stomach giving him that much grief at 141 I can't see him doing anything where he's at risk of causing himself any more harm. I'd love to see him back at RR, squash some midcard guys, Undertaker comes out, they have a tussle, stare down and boom- Takers return and Mania match is in the bag.

• Paid Members

As others have said, if he comes back it won't be for a while. He's only just retired from UFC so he is still under contract with them for a while, plus I doubt he's even thought about what he's going to do next yet. I know stranger things have happened but if he comes back I imagine it wouldn't be for at least a couple of years.

the casusal WWE fan doesnt care enough for Lesnar for him to justify a HUGE payday. Having his illness, being beaten in his last two fights, and subsequently retiring from MMA as a result. Surely that's significantly dropped Brock's stats?

He has been so blatant in his book about being a money grabber, doing whatever he needs to do to make the most money. Can WWE justify paying him what he will want paid for one or two matches? He is hardly The Rock. I personally have no interest in seeing Brock -vs- Taker. I think it would be shit. Taker's at that stage of his career where he needs to be in there with guys who can carry him a bit ie. HBK, HHH. Brock's not a worker.

The way Vince stung him over with the 6 year no-compete which cost him millions to fight. Would he want to go back?

Dana's made it clear that just because you're retired, doesn't mean you're out of contract. So I think it'll be a while before he does anything, and if he does go to WWE for a match next mania or something they'll have to barter some kind of deal with UFC.

in an interview outside a club dana white said lesnar's free to go to the wwe ...

• Paid Members
The way Vince stung him over with the 6 year no-compete which cost him millions to fight. Would he want to go back?

The above is a different discussion in itself, as from what i recall, brock was signed to a huge deal that he was well aware of, so fo example if he left earlier the no compete would of been longer, with him kind of stinging WWE by leaving before his contract was fully up.

He went on to work for new japan and sting them by not turning up for a show and robbing one of there belts, so its swings and roundabouts really.

I personally think Taker/Lesner would be a cracking match, although i'm not sure it'll be as good as I or anybody thinks it may be, and Taker would be going over. Him and Taker are good friends so i doubt lesner would have any problems with it.

I think the real question is.......would he try to finally nail the SSP that he missed at mania 19? ;)

Archived