Your Favourite WCW Tat

Forrest

The Pink best of PPV ones were mainly brilliant to watch monged out, the edits were varied and sometimes stupidly done with the worse matches having less edited and being longer than the better matches. Some examples I can think of are Luger and Giant Vs Hogan and Rodman being in its entirity almost while Sting vs Cactus Jack being cut down massively.

The Green superstar ones varied as well, I have both the sting ones, funnily enough the earlier of the two is the better as it covers his entire WCW career till 98 with an out of charecter interview where as the second one covered about 6 months of 1999 with a shitty kayfabe interview. Sid was on that one and again covered about 3 months.

Savage/ DDT is a good one as well similar to the first sting one. Cannot remember who else was on that EDIT jsut found it was Goldberg, dont think I even watched his

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah wcw merch, how i remember thee. had most of the best of tapes, a few galoob figures (sting, steiners, 2 lugers, one got traded with a mate for arn anderson), a toybiz ddp figure, a goldberg bendy, a few late 90s ppvs (remember having to get my mum to buy me starrcade 99 in asda as it was an 18 rated tape), regularly bought wcw magazine from mid 99 to the last issue (could only get it in smiths though). never played the games much though apart from mayhem

I remember going to florida in 97-98 and it was wcw mad it was everywhere,theres was no doubt who the number 1 promotion was it was goldberg and nwo fever!

I remember getting talking 12 inch figures and the figures actualy recongised who you were playing with.if i had the sting figure in my hand aganist the goldberg figure sting would call goldberg by name and vice versa. There mouths moved aswell!

• Paid Members
Part of me is still kinda pissed off I could never get the nitro arena. My figures had to make do with a shitty, better quality raw ring with no hook for ladder matches, no rafters that would never be used and no entrance ramp.

Mate, you missed out. I spent an awful lot of my childhood playing with my Nitro arena. Some days I still pine for it and would love to play with it if the world didn't deem it weird for a 22 year old to do so.

I used to have the Head-ringers set, the weight of them alone was a handy weapon. My brother got the Nitro arena one Christmas but never played with it. I remember it was a joyous day when my Uncle gave me his WCW ring with the cage (Early 90's version.)

The worst piece of WCW merch I've ever seen is a Smash/Bash Brick, a foam brick with the WCW/NWO logo on it:

30ku4xw.jpg

• Paid Members

I remember from that epic thread quoting Meltzer's (I think) reviews of Nitro that they had a load of pencils with the company address where they'd misspelt "Atlanta". Wonder how much one of those would be worth?

EDIT: It was actually business cards and stationery. Which could conceivably include pencils, I suppose.

• Paid Members

Did anyone else use the WCW Galoob figures as jobbers for the WWF Hasbro ones? Thinking about it, me and my mates were pretty ignorant of WCW back then, I'm not even sure how I got the Galoob figures. Arn Anderson was "AA man" to us.

• Paid Members

I still have (in the spare bedroom) a Wolfpac Sting talking teddy. Used to wrestle the fucker for hours on my bed. Worst thing was the battery box inside the teddy was huge and used to kill me i hit my head on it.

• Paid Members

I had just about 1 of every wrestler that was ever made in wrestling figure form, from WCW. Ended up selling those on here a while back though. Best one was Either the four horsemen box set or the Perry Saturn figure which included the dress he used to wear!I also had various videos (I still have spring stampede 98, which has DDP's title win on it!), as well as an nWo Wolfpac shirt which was my very first wrestling t-shirt back in day. (I recently saw WWEshop were re-selling them but i think have since run out of stock!)As well as that, i has the Sting "Bashing buddy" was it? He was awesome, "Owww my head" "OOOO MY NOSE!!" and so on. *Edit: Same one as you fox piss!

Archived