Your Favourite WCW Tat

Forrest

We need a nostalgia thread dedicated to the merchandising juggernaut that was the WCW tat division. Seemingly, Eric Bischoff ran about with a branding iron and price gun, adorning every possible item with WCW logos.

Prime example being Nitro Cologne which Bobby Heenan famously buried live on air by acting as if he'd been sprayed with Agent Orange. Sales must've plummeted when men realised every date they wore it on would be ruined by an nWo run-in. Even more dissappointing was when you got back to her house to seal the deal and were fobbed off with a illogical screwy ending, ultimately without satisfaction.

So, what was your favourite piece of WCW shilling? Did you go on the Bruise Cruise? Did you buy WCW Backstage Assault on release day? Oh, and has anyone ever actually smelled Nitro Cologne?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need a nostalgia thread dedicated to the merchandising juggernaut that was the WCW tat division. Seemingly, Eric Bischoff ran about with a branding iron and price gun, adorning every possible item with WCW logos.

Prime example being Nitro Cologne which Bobby Heenan famously buried live on air by acting as if he'd been sprayed with Agent Orange. Sales must've plummeted when men realised every date they wore it on would be ruined by an nWo run-in. Even more dissappointing was when you got back to her house to seal the deal and were fobbed off with a illogical screwy ending, ultimately without satisfaction.

So, what was your favourite piece of WCW shilling? Did you go on the Bruise Cruise? Did you buy WCW Backstage Assault on release day? Oh, and has anyone ever actually smelled Nitro Cologne?

I bought WCW backstage assault. I seem to remember being able to light stuff on fire which made it awesome. The lack of ring was weird though.

• Paid Members

I bought a ton of WCW cars from the pound shop in about 1999. Reckoned I'd make a fortune on them once WCW returned to former glories. Ended up giving them away on here!

I still have a sealed "The Giant" T-Shirt. Think it's the only wrestling T-Shirt I've ever bought (for me). Never made it out of the wrapper.

• Paid Members

Stuff i remember getting

A bunch of of 'best of' wcw tapes (green and pink cover) got them from a market for a fiver in total.

The grip and flip figures.. what a pile of shite, but figures non the less.

A random nwo/wcw key ring/pocket watch which came in a pencil case sized metal tin. I love it even though its canny crap.

My fav piece of 'tat' is a fucking huge cardboard cut out of the legends of wrestling computer game. Granted not fully wcw, i got it from a game shop after the game was released, its about 5 feet tall and about 4 feet wide, huge and tat.

I still own all of the above and would gladly sell the massive cut out, you know you want it.

A bunch of of 'best of' wcw tapes (green and pink cover) got them from a market for a fiver in total.

There is no denying it, those WCW 'best of' tapes were awesome. They had a 'best of' series for most of the ppvs and 'best of' various different superstars, which included plenty of matches and a running interview with said superstar, and best of all you always got x2 offerings per vhs. I think I have most of them in my collection, I remember watching them over and over when I was young.

61ZSCEAjDIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

512TRKZ1KHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have one of those pink ones above, and it was rubbish to be honest - mega short edits of main events, some after-the-fact kayfabed interviews, and the whole thing wrapped up in about 35 minutes.

I'm aware we're spoiled nowadays with the quality of WWE DVDs, but still.... it's shit.

I've got the Sting/Goldberg one and the Nash/Flair one, both are a bit lame but have some ok stuff on there. I remember trying to get my hands on those videos and only ever coming across the same ones over and over, like Slamboree 00, Spring Stampede 00, the best of WCW (red cover with Hogan on it) and a few others. I have a sweet backpack with Sting, Nash and Goldberg on it somewhere which I proudly sported around 1999/2000 while everyone else in primary school was in to WWF and Stone Cold. I thought I was awesome.

I remember wcw merchandise that was tied in with the warner

Brothers cartoon characters.

You had t shirts with daffy duck wearing an nwo shirt on taz soft toys with goldberg t shirts on, wolfpac t shirts on bugs bunney it was complete madness.

Archived