recording Pay par views on Sky

El Dingo Capitano

• Paid Members
Just to confirm what others have said, you will be absolutely fine Sky+'ing the live HD showing for watching later. This is what I do each time since, as you point out, the HD version is only shown once.

It will remain on your hard disk for about 3 weeks (the info box after you've recorded it tells you when it will be deleted).

I've never tried to then copy the recording for keeps/lending onto, say, a DVD:R, though. Not sure if there's a copy protection signal on the play back.

I'm sure I attempted this once, however, I can't remember my findings. I don't recall a copy protection signal, but I may have attempted it on a 'free' PPV rather than a Box Office one. The one thing that stays in mind is the lack of a HD output on the sky box. So any recording onto a DVD would only be in SD

Surely the hdmi is a HD output?!

Yeah, but that's normally plugged into your TV, not your DVD Recorder....and even if you wanted to mess with the cables you can't record HD on a normal DVD:R, as far as I am aware...

Just to confirm what others have said, you will be absolutely fine Sky+'ing the live HD showing for watching later. This is what I do each time since, as you point out, the HD version is only shown once.

It will remain on your hard disk for about 3 weeks (the info box after you've recorded it tells you when it will be deleted).

I've never tried to then copy the recording for keeps/lending onto, say, a DVD:R, though. Not sure if there's a copy protection signal on the play back.

I'm sure I attempted this once, however, I can't remember my findings. I don't recall a copy protection signal, but I may have attempted it on a 'free' PPV rather than a Box Office one. The one thing that stays in mind is the lack of a HD output on the sky box. So any recording onto a DVD would only be in SD

Surely the hdmi is a HD output?!

Yeah, but that's normally plugged into your TV, not your DVD Recorder....and even if you wanted to mess with the cables you can't record HD on a normal DVD:R, as far as I am aware...

Trust this man, he has the answers!

Indeed, an HD output does exist on the Sky box. I was actually thinking about the lack of an HD input into the DVD-R. I think the only way to connect the box to the recorder is via SCART or composite cables

Archived