Forfar Athletic 1-1 Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-0 Dunfermline Athletic

Peterhead 0-4 Celtic

French Cup 9th Round

Chambly Thelle 0-2 Auxerre

Locmin

FA Challenge Cup Third Round proper

Barnsley 1 v 3 Swansea City

Bristol Rovers 1 v 2 Aston Villa (5:30pm)

Fleetwood Town 0 v 3 Blackpool

Gillingham 1 v 2 Stoke City

Macclesfield Town 0 v 2 Bolton Wanderers

Manchester City 3 v 1 Manchester United (Sunday 1pm)

Newcastle United 2 v 0 Blackburn Rovers

Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Leicester City

Peterborough United 1 v 2 Sunderland (Sunday 3:30pm)

Sheffield Wednesday 1 v 0 West Ham United (Sunday)

Swindon Town 2 v 1 Wigan Athletic

Scottish Cup Round 4

Airdrie United 1 v 2 Dundee United

Arbroath 0 v 4 Rangers (Sunday 12:45pm)

Cowdenbeath 0 v 2 Hibernian

Forfar Athletic 1 v 0 Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 v 0 Dunfermline Athletic

Peterhead 0 v 3 Celtic (Sunday)

French Cup 9th Round

Chambly Thelle 1 v 4 Auxerre (4pm)

Locmin

FA Challenge Cup Third Round properBarnsley 0 v 2 Swansea CityBristol Rovers 0 v 2 Aston Villa (5:30pm)Fleetwood Town 1 v 2 BlackpoolGillingham 0 v 3 Stoke CityMacclesfield Town 1 v 4 Bolton WanderersManchester City 1 v 2 Manchester United (Sunday 1pm)Newcastle United 2 v 0 Blackburn RoversNottingham Forest 1 v 2 Leicester CityPeterborough United 0 v 2 Sunderland (Sunday 3:30pm)Sheffield Wednesday 1 v 0 West Ham United (Sunday)Swindon Town 0 v 3 Wigan AthleticScottish Cup Round 4Airdrie United 0 v 2 Dundee UnitedArbroath 0 v 3 Rangers (Sunday 12:45pm)Cowdenbeath 1 v 3 HibernianForfar Athletic 0 v 2 AberdeenInverness Caledonian Thistle 1 v 1 Dunfermline AthleticPeterhead 0 v 4 Celtic (Sunday)French Cup 9th RoundChambly Thelle 0 v 3 Auxerre (4pm)Locmin

Barnsley 1 v 2 Swansea City

Bristol Rovers 1 v 2 Aston Villa (5:30pm)

Fleetwood Town 1 v 2 Blackpool

Gillingham 1 v 2 Stoke City

Macclesfield Town 1 v 2 Bolton Wanderers

Manchester City 1 v 1 Manchester United (Sunday 1pm)

Newcastle United 2 v 1 Blackburn Rovers

Nottingham Forest 1 v 1 Leicester City

Peterborough United 1 v 2 Sunderland (Sunday 3:30pm)

Sheffield Wednesday 1 v 2 West Ham United (Sunday)

Swindon Town 1 v 2 Wigan Athletic

Scottish Cup Round 4

Airdrie United 1 v 2 Dundee United

Arbroath 1 v 2 Rangers (Sunday 12:45pm)

Cowdenbeath 1 v 2 Hibernian

Forfar Athletic 1 v 2 Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 v 1 Dunfermline Athletic

Peterhead 1 v 2 Celtic (Sunday)

French Cup 9th Round

Chambly Thelle 1 v 2 Auxerre (4pm)

Locmin

Barnsley 1-2 Swansea City

Bristol Rovers 0-2 Aston Villa (5:30pm)

Fleetwood Town 0-3 Blackpool

Gillingham 1-2 Stoke City

Macclesfield Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers

Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United (Sunday 1pm)

Newcastle United 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Leicester City

Peterborough United 0-2 Sunderland (Sunday 3:30pm)

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 West Ham United (Sunday)

Swindon Town 0-1 Wigan Athletic

Scottish Cup Round 4

Airdrie United 1-1 Dundee United

Arbroath 0-4 Rangers (Sunday 12:45pm)

Cowdenbeath 0-2 Hibernian

Forfar Athletic 1-2 Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Dunfermline Athletic

Peterhead 0-3 Celtic (Sunday)

French Cup 9th Round

Chambly Thelle 0-4 Auxerre (4pm)

Locmin

FA Challenge Cup Third Round properBarnsley 2-1 Swansea CityBristol Rovers 0-2 Aston Villa Fleetwood Town 0-2 BlackpoolGillingham 0-2 Stoke CityMacclesfield Town 0-1 Bolton WanderersManchester City 1-0 Manchester UnitedNewcastle United 2-1 Blackburn RoversNottingham Forest 2-1 Leicester CityPeterborough United 1-2 Sunderland Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 West Ham United Swindon Town 1-2 Wigan AthleticScottish Cup Round 4Airdrie United 0-2 Dundee UnitedArbroath 0-4 Rangers Cowdenbeath 1-3 HibernianForfar Athletic 1-2 AberdeenInverness Caledonian Thistle 2-0 Dunfermline AthleticPeterhead 0-3 Celtic French Cup 9th RoundChambly Thelle 0-3 Auxerre Locmin

FA Challenge Cup Third Round properBarnsley 0 v 1 Swansea CityBristol Rovers 2 v 1 Aston Villa (5:30pm)Fleetwood Town 2 v 4 BlackpoolGillingham 1 v 2 Stoke CityMacclesfield Town 0 v 3 Bolton WanderersManchester City 2 v 0 Manchester United (Sunday 1pm)Newcastle United 4 v 0 Blackburn RoversNottingham Forest 0 v 0 Leicester CityPeterborough United 1 v 3 Sunderland (Sunday 3:30pm)Sheffield Wednesday 3 v 2 West Ham United (Sunday)Swindon Town 0 v 1 Wigan AthleticScottish Cup Round 4Airdrie United 1 v 3 Dundee UnitedArbroath q v 6 Rangers (Sunday 12:45pm)Cowdenbeath 0 v 3 HibernianForfar Athletic 1 v 4 AberdeenInverness Caledonian Thistle 1 v 0 Dunfermline AthleticPeterhead 0 v 4 Celtic (Sunday)French Cup 9th RoundChambly Thelle 0 v 4 Auxerre (4pm)Locmin

I was just looking back over some of my scores for today and realised that I typed a q accidently in the Arbroath v Rangers game. I don't want to edit the post to look like I've changed some of today's scores so I'll just post here that that one is supposed to read:Arbroath 1 v 6 Rangers

Inevitably, it's been a high-scoring week, so the table's only just been updated, but the final scores were in the first post from Monday morning. I spent most of Sunday getting back to Austria from Somerset and have been trying to recover between lectures the past couple of days, so apologies for lateness.

Anyway, smp extended his lead while sivy was joint second lowest scorer and the only person who played this time not to get at least one exact score, so he drops to third behind TUFCfan. It seems joe mills may have misunderstood my rant about name changes and thought he was thrown out (he's not, but if you change outside the off-season from now on, that's a possible consequence) while vanhalen might've given up. If he hasn't, these were the worst 2 consecutive weeks to miss. In either case those two are now cut adrift at the wrong end. In case they drop out, that'll leave El Espanacas and tom in joint last place after Lawz had a great round and finished as top scorer. I'll hold my hands up and admit I let my heart rule my head in too many cases and deservedly take the shame of the lowest score this week.

Which brings us to the matches. If anything it was the Manchester derby that messed up most participants' otherwise near-perfect cards. Nobody took 3 points from that fixture and only a handful got the right result. Apart from that only the scorelines at Oakwell and and the 'other' Highbury were a bit too out there for anyone to guess them. Bolton's failure to win at Moss Rose also proved not that fruitful, but the minor upsets at The County Ground and Hillsborough were also the two most obvious ones, if it's not too much of a contradiction to call a shock foreseeable.

No such surprises among the Auld Alliance, as giant-killing was hard to come by in Scotland and France, with the minnows all losing in our selected games. Indeed, anybody who went for 10 away wins and a draw in the only all-SPL tie managed a minimum of 11 points for that half of the extended card. A lot of people got at least one of Rangers and Celtic's margins of victory spot on, but Dundee United and Aberdeen's turned out to be too great. Only Hibs were given a scare by the Blue Brazil, but the Edinburgh side prevailed in the end. Their city rivals were at the same time struggling against a junior team, but that looked such a foregone conclusion that I left it out. Shows how much I know.

Across the Channel, it was a comfortable weekend for Ligue 1 sides. The Lyon derby and Nice's win at Marck were good for exact scores, but Auxerre and PSG made hard work of lower-league opposition. The former needed extra time to see off Chambly, whilst it took an injury-time goal for the oil-rich lot from the capital to avoid another 30 minutes. Fellow Parisians Red Star caused the opposite problem - they succumbed more easily to Marseille than anyone predicted, going down by 5 goals without reply.

All right, that'll do. After a very hectic last few weeks, there's a boring, ordinary set of 10 coming up in a few moments to calm us all down.

Archived