Are you Fat?

nfc90210

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

In the resolutions thread Biffington Clyro asked the question below.

Why do wrestling fans and fatness go hand in hand?

I too have noticed that a lot of wrestling fans seem to be somewhat portly.

UKFFers, are we a bunch of tubby gentlemen (or ladies)?

I shall go first...

Sadly, at the moment I myself am a bit of a porker.

I voted Somewhat.

Im a 32 inch waist and I'm a pube under 6 foot. Before Christmas I'd have voted no, but I've put on a bit of timber over the festive period - about half a stone. I need to stop watching footy on Sky with a bag of Sensations and 6 bottles of Bud.

I'll get there.

• Paid Members

I am 6'2 but only 11 stone. I wouldn't say i look that lanky but i could never just rock a t-shirt due to my pythons being so fucking skinny and long. I was wearing jumpers on nights out in Malaga with the lads.

I went the whole hog and said Yes. I'm 6'1 but have rocketed up to about 16 stone and am now struggling to fit in a 34" waist. That won't do.

I'm quite broad, but I've definitely got gut and tit issues that I aim to address this year. It's a shame really, through doing some 10k's and the Great North Run in 2010 (as well as getting married), I was at the best I'd been physically in years. I spent 2011 flushing that away with drink and fucking LOADS of takeaways and meals out. I've probably put on nearly two stone in the last year through nothing more than silliness with food.

• Paid Members

My ideal weight is 190lbs (6ft 2").

In 2008 I was 231lbs - started MMA & weight training in January 2009 & got down to 199lbs after 4 or 5 months. Stayed around the 200lb mark for most of 2009/2010.

Then we had a baby and I didn't train for a year, and I put most of it back on. Now I'm 216lbs. So yeah; have around 26lbs to lose to reach my ideal weight. Back training since the summer, so I've stopped gaining, but my diet is shit. If I bother to eat right, I can lose that 26lbs in less than 10 weeks. I don't mind the exercise - it's the snacking I struggle with.

Do nothing = gain weight.

Diet = same weight

Exercise = same weight

Diet + exercise = lose weight. <<< this is what I need to do.

Was at the gym today & had a healthy breakfast & lunch & a decent dinner - that's the easy part. But after the baby goes to bed at around 7:30pm, I snack like a motherfucker - just hovering around the presses & fridge and picking at stuff. It just neutralises the gym effort from earlier - but at least I'm fit & feel good.

Yeah; so I voted "somewhat". I carry it well because I'm tall so I'm probably 10lbs heavier than I look. Hopefully I'll report back in 10 weeks and I'm 190lbs. It won't be as hard as the first time around when I lost 32lbs, because I already have muscle built, I can run for 30mins, and I do MMA training twice a week; so I don't get out of breath from exercise - which is why exercise is the easy part for me. If only I wasn't such a snack gobbler. nyom.

I was a fat child. I can't even look at pictures of me from 10 years ago or so because I look like a completely different person. I'm not really sure how I lost weight, or if I did in fact lose weight. I suspect that when I grew my height of 5ft 9", my ballast was more evenly positioned. I'm pretty skinny though and just a shade under 10 stone at the moment. My family used Christmas as a time to fatten me up.

I don't know why they're bothering. If my Dad's anything to go by, once I hit my late 20s/early 30s, my metabolism will pretty much become non-existent and I won't be able to stop myself at putting on extra weight.

So no, I'm not fat.

Considering all wrestling fans are fat fappers with spots (as stated by wrestling fans), it's ever so slightly surprising there have been more skinny people than fat people voting.

I'm just under 10 stone. Wish I wasn't such a little boy :(

I'd say I'm slightly overweight. A bit of a beer gut and a slight double chin, but generally the rest of my body is fine and in some parts toned (Arms, shoulders & legs)

Nothing that a bit of motivation and exercise won't fix. I'm more worried about how unfit I am. Even at my lowest weight/fatness I'm usually very unfit.

Totally unfair to ask this straight after Christmas!

I put 'somewhat', although 'somewhat in denial' may be more accurate..

Agreed!

Haha yeah, my NYE photos weren't exactly flattering to my build. Lots of beer and junk food over the holidays has ensured my spare tyre stays firmly in place. I've done a lot lifting and carrying of rocks, bricks and pavers recently (redesigning the backyard), so my arms and chest are doing okay, it's just the gut. I'm currently 81 kg but the last time I committed myself to diet and exercise I was about 71/72 kgs, and I pretty much had a flat stomach. A few physical ailments (disabilty, bad knees/back) get in the way of consistant exercise, but there's no getting around the fact that I'm also inherently lazy.

In short though, yes, I am a Mc Fatty Fat Fat. :(

I have two problems, the first is a bad back, the second is a sedentary lifestyle. When I used to walk all the time and stay away from sweets, I could always control my weight. Up the amount of walking and watch what I was eating and weight would drop off slowly. I don't walk so much now and my sweet tooth's back so I'm probably as big as I've ever been. The other problem is my back is wrecked and going to the gym just kills it.

New year, new resolutions and all that. I need to walk more, watch what I eat and do pilates to help my back.

Archived