Lucha Britannia: Luchamania!

Lucha Britannia

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Went to Lucha Britannia again last night, my sixth time this year and probably my favourite show yet. One thing that puzzles me is that I don't see many of the regular faces you see at RevPro & PROGRESS at the Resistance Gallery. I mean, it's not like they're missed - the shows always sell-out the 200-capacity room - but given that you'll probably see Ospreay, Robinson, Dawkins, and other scene regulars it just strikes me as odd. Last night we even got the return of Jimmy Havoc, facing Juventud Guerrera. So, yeah, anyone been and it's not for them? Or is there anything putting anyone off going? Enquiring minds (well, me) wanna know!

Oh, btw, they have 2 shows next month - Saturday 5th and Friday 18th.

• Paid Members

He's been in Europe for the last 5 weeks, staying with Lucha Britannia co-owner Garry Vanderhorne, and he's been leading training and appearing on shows between other dates. The school teaches an actual lucha style and he's very into seeing that succeed. Cassandro teaches there when he's over, too.

Went to Lucha Britannia again last night, my sixth time this year and probably my favourite show yet. One thing that puzzles me is that I don't see many of the regular faces you see at RevPro & PROGRESS at the Resistance Gallery.

Oh, btw, they have 2 shows next month - Saturday 5th and Friday 18th.

Their website calendar of events only has 20/11, they don't seem to post on here, nor do many people. I never know when their shows are happening. If you had not posted the 2 dates I would not of known they were going ahead. I would consider going, but I do not know how long shows last, what the venue is like. It would also be about talking friends into going. Do they have any full matches online? Wish I could of seen Juvi, I loved his stuff in the WCW Cruiserweight division.

I'd suggest you don't see the same faces because it's not the same sort of show. Its wrestling with comic book character zombies and monkeys and burlesque dancers. A totally different outlook on wrestling to the companies you mention.

Archived