Final event at ECW Arena to be shown on PPV

danchilton

EVOLVE 10: Tribute to the Arena, the final event scheduled for the former ECW Arena, will be broadcast live via Internet PPV by WWNLive.com.

The event, which will be the second part of a two show double header with Combat Zone Wrestling, will feature a farewell ceremony to the venue with at least one former ECW main eventer appearing as well as:

*DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate champ Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet

*Sami Callihan vs. Bobby Fish.

*Super Smash Brothers vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann

*AR Fox vs. Jigsaw

*Pinkie Sanchez vs. Uhaa Nation

*The Scene Of Caleb Konley & Scott Reed vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver.

Plus, Cloudy, Kyle Matthews, Jon Davis and more.

The Internet PPV broadcast can be ordered by clicking the poster below:

WWNLive.com iPPV

WrestlingBusTrips issued the following:

Wrestling Bus Trips can sadly confirm that the final events in the ECW Arena will be 1/14/11 with a CZW/EVOLVE double header. In February, the venue will be ripped up and stripped down for an expansion. Once that expansion, which will take months to complete, is finished, there is no word whether wrestling will be allowed back or whether it will even be financially viable for indy promotions to run there. Physically and emotionally, the venue is never going to be the same.

But, we will have one more day at our home away from home. We will running a bus trip from Queens (picking up in 11 AM Elmhurst at the White Castle at Queens Boulevard) and Manhattan, NYC (picking up 11:30 AM in front of the Hammerstein Ballroom)

The NYC fans have always made the infamous venue even more electric, so this is your chance to so one more time.

The cost of the trip will be just $120, which will include tickets to both the EVOLVE and Combat Zone Wrestling events, a special exclusive event to be announced, and round trip transportation on a luxury coach bus complete with TV monitors playing some of the most classic moments in the history of the building.

Payments are now being accepted via Paypal at wrestlingbustrips@gmail.com. PAYMENTS ARE DUE JANUARY 5th, 2012!

Scheduled for the events:

2:30 PM CZW:

*Greg Excellent is in control of the show.

*CZW Junior Heavyweight champion Sami Callihan vs. Rich Swann

*Matt Tremont vs. Drew Gulak.

*Uhaa Nation vs. AR Fox

*Derek Frazier vs. Ryan McBride.

7:30 PM EVOLVE 10:

*DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate champ Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet

*Sami Callihan vs. Bobby Fish.

*Super Smash Brothers vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann

*AR Fox vs. Jigsaw

*Pinkie Sanchez vs. Uhaa Nation

Plus The Scene Of Caleb Konley & Scott Reed, John Silver, Cloudy, Kyle Matthews, Alex Reynolds, Jon Davis and more.

There will be a special farewell ceremony for the Arena featuring Extreme Surprises and more.

I find it hard to believe that this really will be the final ever show. If IWA-MS and XPW can be revived intermittently, then I'm sure we'll see some shows there in the future.

Nonethleess, is this REALLY is the end, it'll be a great way to go out. EVOLVE are a great company, and CZW are more a part of that building than ECW ever was, so it's fitting they'll be there to send it out.

I'm just in denial, I think. That building has been the heart of Indy wrestling on the East Coast for like 15 years. It's a massive shame they don't want wrestling there anymore.

I find it hard to believe that this really will be the final ever show. If IWA-MS and XPW can be revived intermittently, then I'm sure we'll see some shows there in the future.

Nonethleess, is this REALLY is the end, it'll be a great way to go out. EVOLVE are a great company, and CZW are more a part of that building than ECW ever was, so it's fitting they'll be there to send it out.

I'm just in denial, I think. That building has been the heart of Indy wrestling on the East Coast for like 15 years. It's a massive shame they don't want wrestling there anymore.

It seems a little weird to me too.

• Paid Members

They are rebuilding it into a classy little building which holds a few thousand. Even if they did want wrestling on at the building, who other than WWE or maybe TNA could fill it? The days of shit like CZW running it would be over anyway. I imagine the rent on the building would go up as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Ignore the previous posts. Here's the spoilers

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Lenny Leonard introduces ECW Ring Announcer Bob Artese, who comes out, says some words to the people and then introduces Joey Styles. Styles comes out, gives his "OH MY GOD" catchphrase, says some words to the people such as this moment meant more to him than being at Madison Square Garden or Wrestlemania and then introduced Pitbull #1 Gary Wolfe. Wolfe came out in jeans and no shirt and then Styles introduced JT Smith. Then Styles introduced Todd Gordon. Gordon put over the Arena and was about to pay tribute to the Sandman, who wasn't there, when DJ Hyde and a bunch of other guys from CZW came out.

Hyde cut a promo about how the Arena is the home of CZW, no other promotion ran more shows in the Arena than CZW and that if anyone was gonna give a sendoff to the Arena, it was gonna be Combat Zone Wrestling. Then one of the CZW lackeys hit the ring, Gordon clotheslined him, Styles went "OH MY GOD!" and then the CZW lackeys surrounded the ECW guys when Balls Mahoney hit the ring. Mahoney took a couple of the CZW lackeys out with chairshots, with one of them taking a unprotected chair shot to the head. Eventually though, the lackeys got the better of Mahoney and started to beat down the rest of the ECW crew. New Jack then hit the ring complete with Natural Borns Killas blaring and a trash can of weapons. The CZW crew was getting an ass whooping, when Justin Credible hit the ring and attacked New Jack. As this was going on, Sabu came out, the ECW crew and CZW crew for whatever reason disappeared, Sabu and Credible had a staredown with a referee in the ring, who then rung the bell, signifying for a match to begin.

Sabu and Justin Credible proceded to have a Justin Credible-Sabu ECW Arena Match in 2012, ending with Sabu winning in 9:48 with a top rope Arabian Facebuster through a table. Then Styles gets in the ring to end the show, but before he could, Sabu wanted the mic because he wanted to talk. Before Sabu could speak, Sami Callahan jumped him, cut a long rambling promo, all the while beating down a bleeding Sabu, while the crowd was chanting for either Tommy Dreamer or Raven to hit the ring. But they didnt, as Callahan kept rambling on and on, finishing with telling all the people who saw wrestle in the Arena, and all the people who supported him throughout his career to suck his dick. Then as the beginning of Metallica's Fade to Black started to play, he asked for the lights to be turned off, they were and when they came back on, he was gone and the show ended.

There you go.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It actually came across quite well for something that looks like a lot of shit on paper. Of course, the basis of it IS a lot of shit. Needless. The show itself... well, it's actually quite good. You can judge for yourself...

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6fjuYtfle88/

...here.

Huh? Chikara 'High Noon' is not the last PPV out of the arena?

Archived