I've been doing it for 22 years. still can't do it right.

wolveswrestling

SHAVING. looking for ideas how to have a perfect shave. Everytime i have a wet shave usually 3 - 5 days. I manage to bleed at least three times usually aroud neck chin area and feel really sore after. Tried all kinds of blades still the same. Any ideas for prep,blades,creams. makes me want to grow a beard.

I get cut lots because of spazzing hands however the following have helped

Pre Shave

Wash beard/stubble/fluff with shampoo, making the whole thing more soft

and/or

Wash face with exfoliation wash

Shave

Put on Shaving Oil, not cream, not anything else, use oil. I use King of Shaves sensitive, generally let it sink in for a few mins

Use scalding/very hot water dip razor in a few minutes before use, and dip after 3-5 strokes

Wipe razor on tissue/wet tissue to de clutter and allow smooth shave

Post Shave

Nivea cooling After Shave Balm

Any cuts can be sorted by a Styptic Pencil. Stings a bit, but stops most cuts dead in their tracks

Usually though because of spazzy hands I just use my clippers to trim my face fuzz, with no attachment, lazy, for sure, but it stops the cuts

Hope that helps

• Paid Members

I use beard trimmers just to keep it tidy, but then lop the lot off with a wet shave probably once a week or so. I've probably cut myself about twice in 12 years. If you're chopping your face up every time you do it, you're either going at it waaay too violently, or you must have thin, girly skin.

• Paid Members

I used to use a Wahl Detailer when I had a lined beard, but for the last year or so I've been going clean with a razor. I think Im fed up with razors now though, and Im currently deciding between a rotary or foil shaver.

What types do you guys use?

• Paid Members

Until 2 years ago, I hadn't had a wet shave for a good few years before that. The only reason I started to have wet shaves again was because my Philishave broke, the bastard. Got a new one last year and haven't had a wet shave since. Philishave once a week, and beard trimmer once or twice a week- depends how lazy I'm feeling.

• Paid Members

Always shave in the direction of the hair growth and in quick, light strokes. Do the cheeks and sideburns first as they're the easiest, followed by the neck, the moustache and finally the chin. Always use some sort of moisturiser / post-shave balm, and don't use anything with alcohol in.

I use beard trimmers just to keep it tidy, but then lop the lot off with a wet shave probably once a week or so. I've probably cut myself about twice in 12 years. If you're chopping your face up every time you do it, you're either going at it waaay too violently, or you must have thin, girly skin.

Probably cause i got girly soft skin. Used to have tough skin when i worked in a cold warehouse. Since being in a office my face seems softer.

I use

hr_401-009-00_Merkur_HD_Slant_37C.jpg

A decent brush and decent shave cream go a long way to getting a good shave too.

This. Disposables are for mugs. Si's absolutely correct - the brush and cream will improve things a LOT. One coverage and let it soak in, then flannel off. Second coverage for the actual shaving. I've got a BEAUTIFUL 1960s Gillette American Safety razor - love it to death, and the blades save money too!

Archived