Buying DVD's from abroad promotions

DarloKid

Hi guys,

was wondering what the crack was with ordering from like ROH and PWG for dvds, would cutoms hit me with an extra charge ?

For the moment am just looking at getting PWG Steen Wolf DVD, once conversion done it works out just under

The only places I can really recommend are rohwrestling.com, they delivery within two weeks, always mark as gift with a low value. I have never had to pay a customs charge thanks for them and often order 6-8 dvds at once during sales, have been using them for 5 or so years (worth noting you can also get PWG from their website shop)

The other being smartmarkvideo.com for any other promotions that ROH don't offer / are cheaper, they do the same with marking as gift with a low value and I have not been charged by customs on any of their parcels.

Highspots are shit as already mentioned, half of my stuff doesnt arrive, the other half has charges, which is bloody annoying as their website has some great stuff.

I have also had grief ordering for WWE and TNA, with WWE stuff just not showing up and TNA being even worse. TNA use fedex and I recieved a letter from fedex with a stupidly high bill for tax, fees etc. Paid, only for the item to be shipped back to TNA by fedex and then Fedex say it was returned to sender so I had to contact the sender and then TNA ignored my contact for several weeks. Had to claim the order and fees back through my credit card in the end.

If your only after one DVD or you are struggling to find DVD's on a website where you won't get lumbered with charges I would recommend looking at www.amerchandise.co.uk yes it does normally work out more expensive but you know you want get charged and if you only want the 1 DVD once you factor in the shipping cost the price wont be that different.

I would avoid Highspots as their shipping is disgraceful anyway. Pricey to start with, don't combine it for multiple items and as mentioned you have a risk of added customs charges.

Avoid RF as well as the guy is a complete twat. Doesn't even know how his own company works. Have e-mailed him asking if he could take payments from Maestro debit cards back when it was all RBS would give out, he said yes then I tried to buy off him and told me I couldn't with that card and just ignored when i copied the last email to him. Then I bought off him which never arrived at the end of the paypal time limit I messaged him to say I was opening a dispute in a few days, no answer, last day opened a dispute right away I get a message his mum had died so fair enough I just messaged him back to cover my own back I'd be leaving the dispute open to make sure I didn't lose out but I'd also messaged paypal to let them know why I'd left it open, no answer and right on that deadline before it went to a claim still no dvd so messaged him again, no answer so messaged paypal (by now he had been back running for 4 weeks according to his e-mail) so I told him it was going to a claim and I just wanted to cancel the order and get my money back as he had not told me it'd been sent. Big shock no answer but paypal gave me my money back. TBH I have my doubts if there was any truth to his email as he does seem the type who would be low enough to use that excuse.

On to the good:

RoH and Smartmark are always very quick and reasonable shipping. Never had an issue apart from once with RoH where a DVD was missing from my order (once in well over 100 orders not a bad ratio in my book mistakes do happen) it was sorted right away.

I ordered an old NWA Wildside tape off the Anarchy website. No problems there and was very quick shipping. Even struck up a conversation with Bill Behrens about the old days of Wildside as he runs all aspects of the company right down to personally sending out confirmation emails.

NECW are very reliable. Think they were shocked to get an order from the UK as they were a very small indy at the time, but they did put a show up on the website every week so it was easy to follow.

If compilations are your thing then its worth searching out wrestlers websites and buying directly from them as when they fill out the customs form (if they do it as they should) you get an autograph (few WCW ones in my collection that way) and many would even sign the dvd for you. Obviously each guy is different here so shipping time/price and service all vary but I've even had a few that mustve typed in my email address on facebook/myspace after the order and added me on there so nice service.

I would avoid Highspots as their shipping is disgraceful anyway. Pricey to start with, don't combine it for multiple items and as mentioned you have a risk of added customs charges.

Avoid RF as well as the guy is a complete twat. Doesn't even know how his own company works. Have e-mailed him asking if he could take payments from Maestro debit cards back when it was all RBS would give out, he said yes then I tried to buy off him and told me I couldn't with that card and just ignored when i copied the last email to him. Then I bought off him which never arrived at the end of the paypal time limit I messaged him to say I was opening a dispute in a few days, no answer, last day opened a dispute right away I get a message his mum had died so fair enough I just messaged him back to cover my own back I'd be leaving the dispute open to make sure I didn't lose out but I'd also messaged paypal to let them know why I'd left it open, no answer and right on that deadline before it went to a claim still no dvd so messaged him again, no answer so messaged paypal (by now he had been back running for 4 weeks according to his e-mail) so I told him it was going to a claim and I just wanted to cancel the order and get my money back as he had not told me it'd been sent. Big shock no answer but paypal gave me my money back. TBH I have my doubts if there was any truth to his email as he does seem the type who would be low enough to use that excuse.

On to the good:

RoH and Smartmark are always very quick and reasonable shipping. Never had an issue apart from once with RoH where a DVD was missing from my order (once in well over 100 orders not a bad ratio in my book mistakes do happen) it was sorted right away.

I ordered an old NWA Wildside tape off the Anarchy website. No problems there and was very quick shipping. Even struck up a conversation with Bill Behrens about the old days of Wildside as he runs all aspects of the company right down to personally sending out confirmation emails.

NECW are very reliable. Think they were shocked to get an order from the UK as they were a very small indy at the time, but they did put a show up on the website every week so it was easy to follow.

If compilations are your thing then its worth searching out wrestlers websites and buying directly from them as when they fill out the customs form (if they do it as they should) you get an autograph (few WCW ones in my collection that way) and many would even sign the dvd for you. Obviously each guy is different here so shipping time/price and service all vary but I've even had a few that mustve typed in my email address on facebook/myspace after the order and added me on there so nice service.

out of interest which wrestlers do you know have compilations that they sell, might look into investing in a few

Archived