2012, what have people got planned?

thefallenangel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

2012 will be a good one for me I think:My first niece or nephew will be born in April,All my debts get paid off by October,Looking to get my own place at the end of the year too. Good times ahead! :thumbsup:

I may be going to this with the mrs, since she wants to go to a festival, but doesn't want to camp. http://www.bigweekends.com/your-break/81826

Camping is the best part of being at festivals. When I used to go to them, I enjoyed sitting round in the circles in the camp sites with a load of randomers and sharing beer and singing songs better than watching the bands.

• Paid Members

I've got an interview next week for a job I really want and that will give me back a lot of time to spend with the family rather than 4 hours a day travelling to and from work, it also pays more than my current role.Me and the other half are off on a short break at the start of March, looking at going to Venice for 3 nights free from the kids.

I may be going to this with the mrs, since she wants to go to a festival, but doesn't want to camp. http://www.bigweekends.com/your-break/81826

Camping is the best part of being at festivals. When I used to go to them, I enjoyed sitting round in the circles in the camp sites with a load of randomers and sharing beer and singing songs better than watching the bands.
Yeah I'm the same, I had a great time Download in 2010, even though most of the lineup was shit. Mostly because I managed to pull on the Thursday and spent the best part of the weekend getting my end away. The mrs couldn't handle 3 days sleeping in a tent, not showering and pissing in hedges because the portaloos are nasty.

• Moderators

Thank you both.

Congratulations man!

I really appreciate the tip about Hatton Garden. Found the perfect ring from a jewellers called Berganza which i'd never have looked for unless you mentioned it.
Glad I could help. All I ask in return is personal thanks for making it all possible in your wedding speech. (I will understand if you choose to thank your parents before me, but I think I should be fairly high in the running order).2012 will, I expect, see more of the same for me. I just agreed to take a 9 month extension on my current contract at an increased rate. I should be thrilled to have a job lined up for really good money, but it actually now has me feeling kinda trapped.I think I just need to look at it a different way though - now work is sorted for the year*, I need to come up with some personal goals for the year, of which I currently have none. I'll find something to fill my time.... Well. I don't want to make too many commitments anyway, as my family is going through a lot of change, my old man is ill and I don't kknow what kind of challenges that is gonna be throwing my way because it's all a bit unpredictable.* Contract renews from March, so will end at the end of Nov, so I'm already planning to take December and January off.

Yeah I'm the same, I had a great time Download in 2010, even though most of the lineup was shit. Mostly because I managed to pull on the Thursday and spent the best part of the weekend getting my end away. The mrs couldn't handle 3 days sleeping in a tent, not showering and pissing in hedges because the portaloos are nasty.

We used to set off on Tuesdays or Wednesdays to go to Donnington to attempt to get a decent camping space. I only took a bird with me one time, but she managed okay, bless her. Our little gang used to wander down to the village to a pub called the Cross Keys have ourselves a shit in the mornings before the bands started, to avoid having to shit in the portaloos through the day, (or even worse, the pit bogs). Still, there

• Paid Members

Finish uni and get my degree. I can't fucking wait for the day I hand in my final piece of work, I haven't enjoyed my course too much for the past year and a bit.Straight afterwards I'm doing Work America with Bunac.

I did work Canada for the whole of 2011, it was the best thing I ever did, have an amazing time.As for 2012, after 2011 was pretty much a long holiday for me 2012 is going to be my year to start sorting shit out, I'm going to move in with my girlfriend, find some work and hopefully start towards making some money drawing or writing or doing something else I love doing. I'm not scared of putting hard work into making this year successful, 2011 was my year for dossing.

We used to set off on Tuesdays or Wednesdays to go to Donnington to attempt to get a decent camping space. I only took a bird with me one time, but she managed okay, bless her. Our little gang used to wander down to the village to a pub called the Cross Keys have ourselves a shit in the mornings before the bands started, to avoid having to shit in the portaloos through the day, (or even worse, the pit bogs). Still, there

Archived