2012, what have people got planned?

thefallenangel

So what's people got planned for 2012?

I've got Shinedown/Halestorm tickets for February, Skindred for April followed by Download in June.

Holidays wise i am looking into going to Australia November time for 3/4 weeks.

Bit gutted work wise as the job i put in for i haven't got and also i got every bank holiday except for christmas on call this year which sucks but does give some good lieu days for my holiday.

What else has everyone got to look forward to in 2012?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We've got the next (last) of our kids on the way this year, which will almost certainly be the highlight.

Hopefully the proposed move back to Manchester will happen this year but after last year's farce I am very pessimistic about it and I'm 80% sure we'll not end up moving anywhere, which would be truly shit.

I'm making 2012 the year of seeing the world. If I don't travel abroad at least four times then I'll consider myself to have failed in that aspect.

Apart from that, I just plan on getting a new car and continuing on down the path as I did in 2011.

Would love to knock the wife up, and move house. That said, they're both massive asks on their own, let alone both in one year, so I'd be over the moon with one or the other. I really, really love my job too, and I'm not taking that for granted so I'd like to still feel like that the whole year.

• Paid Members

Jack the job in, move back home and start again, probably. It's not working out.

To look forward to - TNA at the MEN followed by big Rumble night at my mate's mum's pub in Blackburn, should be interesting. Three mates' 30th night out in Birmingham, my best mate's 30th 6-a-side tournament where I hope to show off my Parker-like skills. Stone Roses at Heaton Park.

That's about it. It will be a transitional year, I think.

I'm going to Florida for ten days for WrestleMania, which I'm kinda looking forward to. Also got tickets to V Festival, and I agreed to go see Rizzle Kicks before really knowing who they were. That oughta be interesting. Also, the day before I got to Miami, I'm finishing my current job, with the years contract ending. Im taking that opportunity to move out of the 'rents house, and look for work elsewhere, ideally in a more media-related role but I'll likely look for temporary office work to begin with whilst I find my footing in a new area. Quite a few exciting opportunities working in wrestling for me this year as well, which I can't wait for. Going to be quite a busy year, and I really want to put my all in to it.

Covered some of this in the 'resolutions' thread, but I'm hoping 2012 will be a big year for me.. This year was a mixed bag to say the least, but has settled down nicely over the last few months, after a lot of upheaval to begin with. There's a lot of things I want to do now and for the first time in a while I feel like there are a lot of opportunities open to me.

Back to studying in september, hopefully, for a film Ma. I've missed writing about film and my motivation has returned. Also planning on starting a film/book blog this year to keep track of what I've read and watched, and maybe do a few articles too.

Determined to travel a bit this year. Ithaca in the summer for sure for a walking/reading/swimming type chilled out holiday, and back to the US sometime to see old friends and do stuff. May make it coincide with this year's KoT.

Getting myself a new camera next week and looking forward to getting out and about and making some good photos.

Finally, I'mm determined to see more of my extended family. Had my nan's funeral last week and the wake was the first time in about 10 years the whole extended family have been together, and it was good to see so many people. Hoping we'll all be together again a bit more often from now on.

• Paid Members

I'll finish uni in May so until then it's going to be a hard slog, but afterwards I'm looking forward to a few potential opportunities which may arise. My part time job has really started to pay off and the idea that I might be able to make a career out of it seems very likely to come to fruition. I'm hoping to go to South America for a month or so during the summer, which is something I've always wanted to do. Apart from that I'll just see where the wind takes me, not really big on making plans if I'm honest.

• Paid Members
We've got the next (last) of our kids on the way this year, which will almost certainly be the highlight.

Same here Gladders, planning on this being our last one also. It's scary that I've completely forgotten what those 3 o'clock in the morning feeds feel like, and that feeling where you aren't sure how many scoops of formula milk you've already put in the bottle. Even though it wasn't that long ago when it last happened.

This will obviously be the biggest highlight of 2012, perhaps a new job too- see how I feel when I go back after paternity leave.

• Awards Moderator

I've just had a flashback of agreeing to spend next Christmas in Chicago. Might have even suggested it, not sure. That'll be something to look forward to, even if it seems an age away now, as behind Liverpool it's my favourite city. Other than that, this year will involve a couple of stag dos, being best man at my mate's wedding, going to Hamburg for a weekend and having as many shits in work as possible.

Archived