Phone advice, please

Up Chuck

• Paid Members
You can get quite good cashback deals on the Wildfire S though - I've seen the Wildfire S on Panther that works out for 6.50 a month on mobiles.co.uk

Orange have had major problems with the online accounts lately. I haven't been able to check mine for a couple of months.

• Paid Members

Yeah, my missus has the Wildfire S and the battery does need pretty much a daily charge. The thing that was drawing me to that deal was 750MB internet plus free push email, BT Openzone wifi and the swappables gimmick (2 free things such as Sky Sports mobile TV or Orange Book Club, which I can change every month), but I've just this second seen that yeah, I can get the Motorola Atrix on exactly the same plan, and the Sensation on one that's a tenner more.

Having looked at both handsets I'm leaning towards the Atrix on the Panther contract. Am I better getting it online, or might I get anything extra in-store?

While we're on the subject, my phone is due for renewal in a few months. My missus has been showing me new phones, but I've never been interested. The main reason I love my phone is it has a torch function. Holding down the space bar turns on the flash to use as a torch. What might seem like an inane gadget has actually become something I don't want to live without. Always having a light source on me is something I really fucking love.

So can anyone improve on my current phone (Nokia E63) with a cheap contract that has unlimited internet and, most importantly, a torch function?

Oddly enough, you're not the only one.

I had seen an iPhone with a torch application, so I scoured the internet looking for one shortly after getting my Nokia 5800. It has since become something that I -need- on my phone, and use it nearly every other day.

That said, I've just bought the HTC Incredible S, and the first thing I did was look for one. There's loads on the android store, and I imagine with any smart phone you get, they'll be loads. The phone itself is fantastic and boasts a longer battery life than most smartphones. There's also literally thousands of apps, most free too and are so amazingly handy.

I will be paying

Archived