New years eve 2011

kev2050

For the first time in many years, I am not drinking or going out on new years eve. My wife had a baby this morning and is in hospital overnight, so Im home alone. Which I am completely fine with and frankly I am just looking forward to a decent nights sleep for the first time in 3 days.

Im guessing the people with the best stories won't be posting until tomorrow, but what have you been up to? Something wild or a quiet night in?

Rarely go out for it but I usually have some drink. Went down to buy some earlier under the assumption that big off license chains would be open until normal hours anyway [they close at 10 by law over here] and it was closed so I'm in having a tuna sandwich with OK Computer going in the backround. I'll probably pop down to the old man's sisters around the corner come midnight because the extended family is there for the night.

It's all about tommorow. I love a quiet pub with a fire and sports on the telly on a new years day. Going to be in the pub all day then making a stop off for some tins before coming back home to gear up for IT BEGINS~!

Hope everyone has a bitching night and proper shankin' 2012.

I am lucky enough to be a support worker for children who have special needs. Due to staff sickness and the bad time of year to obtain cover I started an hour or so ago and don't clock off until 13:00 tomorrow. What is the biggest pisser is that Glasgow has no public transport on Ne'erday and I won't be picked up until around 15:00.

My first dram of 2012 seems a very long way afuckingway. Wouldn't do it if I didn't love my job though.

Anyhooz, I hope everyone in this fantastic forum enjoys their hognamay then has a healthy and prosperous 2012.

Take care

Shuggy

• Paid Members

Congratulations Kev!

Spending this new years night home alone (apart from Bug) and very poorly :( Still so happy to see the back of 2011 though. Shittest year of my life, nervous breakdowns, miscarriage, relationship breakdown, another nervous breakdown and just when I'm back on my feet I have a neurological attack and get diagnosed with MS. 2012 can't be as bad as that so bring it on. Fuck 2011!

• Paid Members

Spent most of last week coughing violently so had to pass on the (great) invite to a new year bash, staying in with mother and her bloke. Just had a big bowl of chili stuck in my face and Match of the Day is coming on, so I suppose it could be worse. Will likely see in the New Year the same as usual - waiting for everyone else to go to bed so I can mute the telly before rubbing one out to Babestation.

I've worked in bars every New Years Eve for almost ten years. Apart from this year. Knowing that going out is over priced, over crowded and most people are over intoxicated has soured my experience of New Years, at least in pubs/clubs. Therefore I'm sitting, alcohol free, watching MOTD and the rest of the shit TV on my own. Bliss.

There are a few house parties I've been invited to, but it would include travelling a fair distance and a combination the weather, taxi's more or less making up their own price guide and being a lazy bastard who can't be bothered shaving or showering never mind anything else, I opted to sit on my arse until I fall asleep.

• Paid Members

Staying in, watching MOTD (fantastic weekend of footy it's been) and will see in the new year with a Blu-Ray and some Morgan / JD.

I've been out the last three years for it but just don't feel upto it this year. The second half of this year has been a bit of a downer due to serious illness in the family so I'm just chilling at home (though I got some good news about my mum a few days ago). Original plan of going to Oxford would have been a waste of travel and drink money which I can save for something more special; especially as most of the time would be spent not really being able to talk or catch up with my uni friends in a loud club.

So tonight has consisted of recovering from a lovely Tapas lunch with the grandparents and parents, Mean Girls and Drive, with lots of Jack Daniels.

Archived