2012 Predictions

A Screen Up

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, a couple of WWE-related ones....

Rob Van Dam will return to WWE.

Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose will be called up to the main roster and become a top heel on SmackDown.

Wade Barrett will become the first English WWE/World Champion.

John Cena will get injured around April/May keeping him out of action til 2013.

Kelly Kelly will leave WWE.

CM Punk will turn heel by June and start a feud with Stonecold Steve Austin in September that will culminate in a match at WrestleMania 2013.

Macho Man will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Dolph Ziggler will win Money in the Bank at WrestleMania.

Matt Hardy will get clean and return to WWE with his girlfriend, Reby Sky.

Road Dogg will be an entrant in the Royal Rumble match.

• Paid Members

Big Show will become a dominant heel World Champion on Smackdown and feud with and put over Sheamus. The feud will involve Big Show claiming he is the true 'Great Wight' and Show chokeslamming the shit out of Hornswoggle at some point.

Lita will have some form of involvement at WrestleMania.

As will Shaquille O'Niell. Probably with Big Show/Sheamus.

Cody Rhodes will hold the IC title for most of the year.

Stephanie McMahon will return to TV in a semi-permanent role.

Mick Foley will play a part in putting over Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes.

Zack Ryder will somehow win a world title only to be stripped of it the same night or i can see him winning MITB.

Abyss will do a stupid stunt which ends his life career.

Another ex ROH Indy darling will make it big within the WWE.

Kamala will get his foot into the Hall of Fame's door.

• Paid Members

WWE.com will report Brock is in talks about signing, but terms won't be agreed and the deal will be off

Sin Cara will be released

Antonio Cessaro or whatever Double C is now known as will win a title on the main roster

Bully Ray will dominate in TNA and main event BFG, losing the world title

Martin Stone will not sign for WWE after returning from injury

Cena will pin Rocky clean at Mania, post-match handshake

Going out on a limb with this one- Angle will return to WWE

Daniel Bryan will lose his title by Mania and won't even appear on the card

Has Ron Simmons been inducted into the HoF yet? If not, he will this year. As will Savage, inducted by either Lanny or Steamboat

• Paid Members

I can see Evan Bourne snapping his neck or something just by the way he enters the ring. That reminds me. Are we having a death pool for 2012? We had one for 2010, but strangely nothing this year.

I call Rey Mysterio.

• Paid Members
11. Someone will die in-ring in a Garbage fed somewhere, and there will be a public outrage of people wanting it banned.

I dunno, the Japanese head drop style is far more likely to kill someone than barbed wire and light tubes, and there was no public outrage when Musawa died in the ring.

• Paid Members
4. Kings of Wrestling will fued with Air Boom for the Tag titles.

WWE have decided not to offer Hero a contract. Furthermore...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

... he made a surprise return on the last ROH show, and I almost ruined it for some people by putting this in quote tags rather than spoilers.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
4. Kings of Wrestling will fued with Air Boom for the Tag titles.

WWE have decided not to offer Hero a contract. Furthermore...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

... he made a surprise return on the last ROH show, and I almost ruined it for some people by putting this in quote tags rather than spoilers.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The last I heard WWE were going to re-test him in the new year, seeing as he failed his medical/piss test. Is this still happening?

1. Punk goes over Ziggler tomorrow night, leading Chris Jericho to return and set up a feud for Wrestlemania

2. While the spectacle of The Rock vs John Cena will result in the biggest ever buyrate in Wrestlemania history, the match will ultimately bomb and be remembered as one of the worst main events ever.

3. Daniel Bryan will not make it past Elimination Chamber as World Heavyweight Champion

4. Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder will all feature in PPV main events before the end of 2012

5. The typical mid year cuts will see Heath Slater, The Usos, Alicia Fox, Mason Ryan, Alex Riley and R-Truth be future endeavored.

6. Alberto Del Rio will not hold a world title in 2012

7. Wade Barrett will become the first English World Heavyweight Champion, and will become a mainstay in the main event picture.

8. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff will leave TNA in 2012, and form their own wrestling company.

2. While the spectacle of The Rock vs John Cena will result in the biggest ever buyrate in Wrestlemania history, the match will ultimately bomb and be remembered as one of the worst main events ever.

What on Earth makes you think that? Contrary to popular belief, Cena can wrestle great matches in big PPV main events, and The Rock showed clearly that he never lost a step in the ring.

1. Brock returns to WWE at some point.

2. Batista will not return, and he will completely fail at MMA.

3. Edge goes in the HOF.

4. Punk faces Foley at WM in a final attempt to give Foley a good match. It may be a hardcore match.

5. Mistico gets released, but they keep Sin Cara.

6. Austin returns in Nov-Dec to set up a big Mania match in 2013.

7. Bryan loses the title at Elimination Chamber, maybe earlier.

8. They bring back Tough Enough, with JBL as the host (okay, not really JBL, but I'd get a kick out of it).

What on Earth makes you think that? Contrary to popular belief, Cena can wrestle great matches in big PPV main events, and The Rock showed clearly that he never lost a step in the ring.

It's just a prediction. I don't hate Cena at all, and fully see that he can work more than just 'the 5 moves of doom' when he needs to. Maybe 'one of the worst' is a bit too far, but I do expect the match to bomb.

Archived