UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

The only solution is to take Lydia up to the top of one of the mountains then shout her off of it.

Aah, maybe that's what happened to her, she just disappeared during a mission and hasn't been seen since. I miss her.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel too bad to do that - Lydia is like the follower intern or something, and I gave her the job permanently.

Im starting to get slightly more intrigued by this game, but still dubious about getting it. Basically I bought Fallout 2 and bloody hated it, and I know this has many similarities to the Fallout series.

I really want to like this, and I generally enjoy quest like games, but not sure right now. What are peoples thoughts in regards to it's similarities to the Fallout series? And what EXACTLY makes it so good?

For your references the main reasons I dislike Fallout 2 was (a) it threw me WAY too far into the deep end which is always a massive turn off for me and (b) once I got out of the bunker at about 2 hours into the game I just thought "okay... now what?" I.e. it seemed utterly directionless to me.

It can be a little overwhelming with so much on offer, but if you don't like complete freedom and prefer more linear games, then it's probably not for you. It's not utter directionless, neither is Fallout 3, I you want to follow the main quest line it'll tell you where to go and who to talk to. But the beauty of it is discovering it for yourself. There's so much to see and do in Skyrim, some crazy quests and some serious ones, the main story is just the beginning.

Speaking of the main story, I finished it now...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

...and because I'd left it to so long it was really easy in the end. There were some really cool bits like capturing the dragon and that awesome Asgard type place where you fight Alduin. So yeah it was pretty good, think I preferred the Oblivion main overall though. Maybe it's because I didn't get round to it until level 49 and breezed through it. Still enjoyed it a lot though, 95 hours in now and just clearing up everything else on offer

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yes! Finally found something with the soul trapping enchantment! I was having a nightmare trying to fill up soul gems because the soul trap spell takes all of my magicka to cast.

Lydia is starting to really get on my tits, and is outgrowing her usefulness. She has two purposes - to create a diversion and to be a walking suitcase. I found a staff full of Flame Atronachs that I can use as a diversion now, and there's no point looting everything I find to sell as I don't need the cash (the transmutation spell I found recently is just a license to print money; it's amazing!)

I had a soul trap enchanted bow that was easiest for me. The spell just took too long, too much magicka and didn't work as much. Lydia pissed me off ages ago and she may have "accidently" walked into a dual wielded glass sword attack. Stupid bitch. But all I used her for was the walking suitcase, but then I found the Steed stone, that's your friend.

Yes! Finally found something with the soul trapping enchantment! I was having a nightmare trying to fill up soul gems because the soul trap spell takes all of my magicka to cast.

This is going to be a bit too late for you now, but if anyone else is struggling with getting a soul trap-enchanted weapon you can always buy the spell from the Jarl of Whiterun's mage...

• Paid Members
The only solution is to take Lydia up to the top of one of the mountains then shout her off of it.

Aah, maybe that's what happened to her, she just disappeared during a mission and hasn't been seen since. I miss her.

Checked she isn't in Dragonreach?

• Paid Members

Do you have a house yet? If so she'll probably be there waiting in the little guest room. That's what happened to me.

Ah no I haven't but I will! Cheers.

• Paid Members

Id also like to find out where Lydia has gone, I'll check out DragonReach later.

When you get married do you move into your birds house or do you still have to fork out 5000 gold?

I'm too poor to buy a house yet so if I can save some $$$ that would be cool.

• Paid Members
Id also like to find out where Lydia has gone, I'll check out DragonReach later.

When you get married do you move into your birds house or do you still have to fork out 5000 gold?

I'm too poor to buy a house yet so if I can save some $$$ that would be cool.

After your wedding you get a choice of whether to move into yours or hers. I got my lovely miners daughter, Sylgia to marry me after delivering a letter to her dad in some mine. If only it was that easy in real life.

Sylgja_-_Face.jpg

:love:

Chest. Go see Farenger Secret-Fire, the mage in Dragonsreach that shounds like Shteve Mclaren and talks about the ongoing hoshtilities. He always has plenty o' soul gems

• Moderators

Empty ones, too? Nice.

I went to Windhelm for the first time last night. My God, it's a disgusting squalid hole of a town. Beggars everywhere. I did beat the shit out of a racist drunk Nord though, and got given a hot tip on where I could find a dragon.

Also, there was this girl who told me a cool bar to check out who had ridiculous cleavage.

• Paid Members

Had nothing to do last night, and was all full of caffeine, so I put in a full shift. Retrieving one of the books was pretty difficult, as I was fighting a bandit chief with some mad stats at night in the snow, and I feel like I lost out on some cool shit by having an Atronach snipe him in the sea, so I couldn't find his corpse. Had a wild time blasting Horkers out into the ocean with unrelenting force, and went to bed about to get deep into some Forsworn shit.

Archived