The Car Thread

extacy of farts

• Paid Members

Well i'm currently in the market for a new car and think i might get myself a Ford Fiesta Titanium...seem's to offer everything i'm looking for and at a reasonably good price, has anyone else got one? What car have you got?

Thought this thread would be good for general car talk and advice for when buying a new car, trading an old car in etc.

• 8 months later...
Just as part of some research for work, does anyone use, participate in or browse car forums, and if so, which ones? Any information on the most popular ones in the UK or South would be great.

Cheers!

I used PistonHeads quite a lot. Very good forum for all things car related buying and selling.

Well i'm currently in the market for a new car and think i might get myself a Ford Fiesta Titanium...seem's to offer everything i'm looking for and at a reasonably good price, has anyone else got one? What car have you got?

Thought this thread would be good for general car talk and advice for when buying a new car, trading an old car in etc.

Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes mate. What is on your tick list?

Buying outright, hire purchase or personal lease ?

Three doors or five?

Prestige or fuel economy?

Family car or flash car (ie: easy access for child seat, space in boot for buggy, golf clubs, etc?)

What sort of budget? Are you trading in anything against it, if so, how much is it worth?

• Paid Members

I'm not trying to derail the thread or anything but anyone else just not interested in driving? I can see the neccesity of it obviously but it just doesn't appeal to me at all and I have no real need too at the moment. Doesn't stop every cunt constantly going on about freedom though. act like im crazy because I don't want to waste 20 quid on petrol to drive nowhere and sit in KFC car park. I'm 21 now but suppose i'll probably have to learn eventually.

• Paid Members

I used to feel like that. I suppose it was a case of "you don't miss what you've never had", but learning to drive was one of the best things I've done and I sorely wish I'd done so earlier.

Petrol is a bit of a fucker at the moment, granted, but to be able to just fuck everything off and piss off somewhere on a whim because the weather is nice is great. It particularly suited me because there were places I wanted to get to that were an hours drive away, but would take 6 hours and four trains to get to.

I hired a car the other weekend for three days, and in that time I visited Melton Mobray (where I did indeed get a pork pie), then to Cov for the Triple X show (which would have been a nightmare of trains otherwise, with no option but to book a hotel), then an adventure through Birmingham so I could find a bunch of old cinemas, back home, more cinemas through the areas of Nottingham that I wouldn't normally visit, up to see my Dad, back home, then down to Birmingham again to see some friends. Three quarters of a tank did the lot, so about

Archived