XWA Goldrush 2012 - Saturday February 4 2012

Victor Is God

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

387674_10150460757290108_635295107_9267657_1725251029_n.jpg

Lambert apologises to Phere ...and both respond to GPW

Tuesday, 10 January 2012 21:33

Tonight, XWA Wrestling promoter Greg Lambert appeared to end a three-year feud when he apologised to his arch-rival 'The Psychotic Warrior' Johnny Phere live on the radio, then both men had some pointed remarks for Grand Pro Wrestling...

Lambert's shocking apology came on his own Tuesday night radio show The Resident on Lancaster-based station Diversity FM, when the XWA Champion was his special guest live in the studio.

The XWA promoter told Phere, and the listening audience that he wanted a clean slate with 'The Psychotic Warrior' in 2012.

"When you Ram Slammed me (at XWA LastFight) in October, I wouldn't say I had an epiphany...but, let's just say this is a new year, I've thought about things a lot, and I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of," said Lambert.

"Perhaps I was a little egomaniacal, a little authoritarian. What can I say? There were dark forces at work.

"But I've had enough of it. I wouldn't say that we've buried the hatchet but perhaps we can find some common ground. You're the champion now, I can be professional, and we can work together tonight to promote the (Goldrush) show. So I'd like to apologise."

A disbelieving Phere seemed to accept the apology, although there was still clear tension between the two men during the one-hour radio broadcast. At times, Lambert clearly seemed to get under Phere's skin and it seemed 'The Psychotic Warrior' was on the verge of snapping.

But the two rivals did agree on one subject. XWA's North West neighbours, Grand Pro Wrestling.

Earlier today, a former XWA wrestler who works for GPW released a YouTube video making personal remarks about Phere, Lambert, the XWA Training Centre and some of the XWA trainees, and also vowed to gatecrash the Goldrush show on February 4.

Phere said: "All I can say to GPW is, don't make it personal. With this video, you're making it personal."

And Lambert said: "I know The Carleton security team very well. If you guys want to come along on February 4, then just try it."

'The Psychotic Warrior' and 'The Truth'...on the same page? Who would have thought we'd ever see the day...

Also during this highly revealing and entertaining interview, Johnny spoke about getting started in wrestling, his P.A.I.D. principles, wrestling injuries, training, joining the army, backyard wrestling, his 2005 match with Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, the XWA Wrestling Training School, his involvement in Morecambe's new Blue Green Yellow DEAD! zombie game, and how he intends to approach his XWA Title defence at Goldrush against 'Showstealer' Nathan Cruz.

Listen again to When Lambert Met Phere on The Resident this Friday night (January 13) at 6pm on www.diversityfm.co.uk or at 103.5FM in the Morecambe and Lancaster area.

The wait is over for fans of European women's wrestling. The challenger for Jenny Sjodin's Pro-Wrestling:EVE Title on Saturday, February 4 at Goldrush has been announced. And it's a Lancashire lass going for the title in her home county of Lancashire. It's 'The Lancashire Terrier' April Davids taking on 'The Female Fight Machine' for the gold!

388777_10150471132370108_635295107_9301283_421611197_n.jpg

Jenny Sjodin and April Davids know each other very, very well. They are best friends, tag team and training partners as part of The Northern Shooters Gym.

These two incredibly tough women faced each other in the debut match of Pro-Wrestling:EVE. Sjodin was the first person to walk through the EVE curtain but on that night it was Davids who came out the victor following the Ankle Bite (Ankle Lock).

In their second contest Sjodin came out on top after a trio of vicious German suplexes and a dragon clutch for the tap out victory.

When asked after their second contest why they fought each other so hard, Davids replied: "I'm only going to get better by fighting the best, and fighting Jenny makes me a better fighter". Jenny replied "It's the same for me when fighting April, I'm a better fighter after each fight, she brings the best out of me."

The third time the two faced was in the main event of the first ever huge EVE v Ice Ribbon event in Nottingham in October 2011. This time Sjodin came in as EVE Champion having defeated Britani Knight for the championship in that classic match on the XWA June 4 show in Morecambe (don't forget the XWA War on the Shore VII DVD is available now with this match featured, from www.xwawrestling.com).

The two fought for 30+ minutes with Sjodin eventually scoring the decisive decision following her patented Cross Arm Breaker. They received a standing ovation that lasted nearly six minutes, long after the two had even left the ringside area and returned to the dressing room. Three quarters of the way through the contest Davids broke her ankle after a top rope superplex, then landed a top rope cross body to the concrete floor. Who knows what might have happened had that injury not occurred?

Jenny has so far defended the EVE Championship against Aurora Flame of Norway, Rhia O'Reilly of Northern Ireland, Emi Sakura of Japan, Super Janey B (home planet unknown) and of course April herself. This will be Jenny's sixth title defence, but can she beat Davids again when April will have her home county fans firmly behind her?

In further news from the EVE camp, Jenny Sjodin is currently set to main event the first ever iPPV from Europe at Pro-Wrestling:EVE's No Man's Land:Sjodin v Alpha on February 18 in Sudbury, to be broadcasted live on www.Diva-Dirt.com - where the Swede is scheduled to defend against Alpha Female.

However EVE officials have said that should Davids win the title at Morecambe, then the iPPV match will be changed to a one-fall Triple Threat match with Davids defending the title against BOTH Sjodin and Alpha.

It's a fantastic incentive for The Lancashire Terrier. Can she win the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship in the Red Rose county? Or will The Female Fight Machine prove too strong and register her third victory over the tenacious April? One thing's for certain, if you've seen these two girls fight before, it will be ONE HELL OF A MATCH!

Get your tickets for XWA Goldrush 2012 from the XWA website www.xwawrestling.com - Doors open 7pm, bell time is 7.30pm. The show is at The Carleton, Alhambra Buildings, Marine Road West, Morecambe, Lancs. Tickets cost

Archived