Major WWE Star Injured *spoilers*

Daaaaaad!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Wonder if they could do something along the lines of Evolution these days to elevate a couple of up and comers. Can't imagine they'd get behind in the same way.

Isn't that what The Legacy was meant to be, but both DiBiase and Rhodes were so shit that the fans wanted Orton to kick their heads in. The plan was for DiBiase to turn into a huge babyface but bar one angle the fans didn't care for him. In the end it hurt DiBiase and Rhodes more than it helped them (Rhodes had to come up with a completely new gimmick and DiBiase now wrestles on Superstars).

WWE don't have a big/good enough heel to run the thing either. Only Henry but that doesn't fit his gimmick.

• Paid Members
All they need to do is bring back JBL for a nice run. Make him a top heel and one last run would go down wonders.

Have you seen the life JBL has? He plays golf all day in the sun, has houses all around the world and spends the rest of his time being awesome on twitter.

JBL will only come back if he really fancies fucking up his back again.

• Moderators
All they need to do is bring back JBL for a nice run. Make him a top heel and one last run would go down wonders.

Have you seen the life JBL has? He plays golf all day in the sun, has houses all around the world and spends the rest of his time being awesome on twitter.

JBL will only come back if he really fancies fucking up his back again.

Exactly. I really can't see JBL giving up his life of watching Rugby all day in the Bahamas, and he's obviously having the time of his life, to go on the road.

• Awards Moderator

I think a lot of the problem comes from the lack of a long-term mindset. Plenty of people have been put into a top-level position in the last few years; not many have been kept there. They stick around at the top of the card for a few months, then, by and large, they drop down again.

The best thing to do is probably to pick someone, push them to the moon, and keep them there. If they're positioned to look like a megastar, and we're told often enough that they are, and they have enough about them that we can believe they are ... that might work. It doesn't always, but that's probably how a lot of the big names became so.

Is there anyone in developmental who has potential to be the next generation of top star? I remember JR in the Ross Report banging on about Randy Orton, Prototype (Cena) and Brock Lesnar being stars in the making before they'd even debuted in WWE (granted, he said the same about Shelton Benjamin, but I think the point's still valid). Lesnar and Orton got their faces in the Roster pages of the WrestleMania X-8 souvenir magazine months before they'd ever appeared on TV, as well. While Batista was a bit out of left field in becoming the big name he became, if there's someone in developmental who has that potential, the time might be near to start capitalising on it. I don't follow FCW - do they have anyone like that?

As good as an idea as this is, I can't see it changing the product a great deal in the grand scheme of things. It would be very Jericho-esque, in that he would be a nice addition to have at the top of the card.

For no reason other than simply for the sake of it, I'm going to put forward an idea that I've had floating around in my head of late:

Create a new super heel faction.

Done correctly, this would work wonders. Put Alberto Del Rio in the Flair position, with Ziggler as Windham, Morrison as Blanchard and Brodus Clay as "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson. Ziggler and Morrison have had tremendous chemistry as opponents; their story would be that they couldn't break the glass ceiling alone and for that reason, they will join forces for the greater good of one another. Alberto could have his character given more layers here and Clay could be turned into a monster.

You could have Vicky Guerrero as the manager if needs be but this would be optional. The possible scenarios that could stem from this faction are infinite so I will refrain from going into "armchair booker" mode.

Ultimately, it would solidify four guys as being the next big things and would give countless storyline and match-up possibilities in the mean time.

Lots of good ideas here. They're struggling with WM soI'd say it's time to spalsh some serious case on some old faces AND have a coherrent plan to get over newer guys. So perhaps:

- Get Cole off commentory and put him as a manager for a new stable of mid card heels to feud with the likes of Bourne, Kingston, Ryder and Bryan.

- Jericho to feud with Punk leading up to Mania (Punk to go over).

- Batista back as lead heel on smackdown. Number 1 contenders programme leading up to Elimination Chamber.

- Lashley back as mid/upper babyface against the likes of Barrett etc.

- MVP back as midcard heel.

The last two have some medium term upside.

Jericho and particularly Batista are reaching the end of their money making careers and should be available.

I think a lot of the problem comes from the lack of a long-term mindset. Plenty of people have been put into a top-level position in the last few years; not many have been kept there. They stick around at the top of the card for a few months, then, by and large, they drop down again.

This is exactly what else I feel they lack - consistency.

I think that the fans as a whole are too afraid to get behind anything new for fear of it going nowhere, which is unfortunately what happens more often than not.

New guys' pushes are given rocket fuel before being stopped for seemingly no reason; storylines are halted and go nowhere for the sake of it, and even main eventers switch between face and heel more times than you could shake a stick at.

John Cena has been the only thing that has been consistent in the past half decade and all you need to do is look at his position within the company.

WWE need to start coming up with ideas, and sticking with them until the end.

Now I can miss a couple of months worth of WWE and when I come back almost everybody who isn't called John Cena or Rey Mysterio has changed between being face and heel.

Now I can miss a couple of months worth of WWE and when I come back almost everybody who isn't called John Cena or Rey Mysterio has changed between being face and heel.

That's a gross overstatement, really. Orton's been a face for almost two years. Del Rio and Barrett have been heels since their debuts in 2010. Ziggler and Swagger have been heels since their debuts in 2008. Miz has been a heel for a good four or five years at least. Morrison was a face from his split with Miz in early 2009 until his retirement. Kofi has been around for four years and he's always been a face since day one. Bourne's been around almost as long and never turned heel.

I think they do need consistency in terms of who is main event talent, but I don't think they overuse face/heel turns in the current era at all.

Bringing in old stars is no way to build for the future. Dolph, Punk, Rhodes, Dibiase, ADR, Bryan, Miz, these are your next top guys. The way to incorporate the past is to acknowledge it while bringing in a new generation. What happened to the Hart Dynasty? Bring them back as heels who hate the company for what it did to their family. Where did Snuka jr go? Run a program where he is scared he will always be in his dad's shadow, or have him show up and brutalize Piper unexpectedly. What about most of the Nexus guys? Bring back the angle, but this time they're pissed for being written off and forgotten about while Punk gets all the glory. Doesn't Arn still work there? Have him mentor a new Horsemen stable. There are a million talented guys out there and a million fresh ideas to run with them, no need to keep reliving the past.

• Paid Members
. Doesn't Arn still work there? Have him mentor a new Horsemen stable. There are a million talented guys out there...

I like this idea or similar. They do have a bunch of talented guys who aren't particularly good or confident talkers and also a bunch of agents who are incredible talkers. It's criminal that they don't make more use of the manager role/method.

I'd have loved Michael Hayes to have taken say John Morrison under his wing and taught him a thing or two about life. He seems like his kinda guy.

That's just an example though, i'd welcome Road-dog, Arn, Goldust and Regal taking guys under their wing too. Arn or D O double being the mouthpiece for some tag teams would be nice in building that division.

Someone mentioned Del Rio having a stable earlier i think. With how his character has gone i think building a big stable that support him that have various roles that he pays them for could be a great move for him. But one where he often treats them terribly (as he does Ricardo) and readily ditches members if they screw up or let him down more than once. Having Ricardo already and adding Brodus as his muscle would be a nice start as there's already the backstory there and could lead nicely to a long term face turn for Clay. He's been pretty matey with Otunga lately as well, he'd probably be best within a stable and his lawyer character could work here. Filling the group out with all the other guys they've pushed as latinos recently could give them a bit of purpose too, y'know The Colons and Hunico and his mate. Add the Bellas and Rosa as his goomahs too.

Maybe it is a little NODesque but, i think it's different enough and could help give Del Rio a big presence.

. Doesn't Arn still work there? Have him mentor a new Horsemen stable. There are a million talented guys out there...

I like this idea or similar. They do have a bunch of talented guys who aren't particularly good or confident talkers and also a bunch of agents who are incredible talkers. It's criminal that they don't make more use of the manager role/method.

I'd have loved Michael Hayes to have taken say John Morrison under his wing and taught him a thing or two about life. He seems like his kinda guy.

That's just an example though, i'd welcome Road-dog, Arn, Goldust and Regal taking guys under their wing too. Arn or D O double being the mouthpiece for some tag teams would be nice in building that division.

Someone mentioned Del Rio having a stable earlier i think. With how his character has gone i think building a big stable that support him that have various roles that he pays them for could be a great move for him. But one where he often treats them terribly (as he does Ricardo) and readily ditches members if they screw up or let him down more than once. Having Ricardo already and adding Brodus as his muscle would be a nice start as there's already the backstory there and could lead nicely to a long term face turn for Clay. He's been pretty matey with Otunga lately as well, he'd probably be best within a stable and his lawyer character could work here. Filling the group out with all the other guys they've pushed as latinos recently could give them a bit of purpose too, y'know The Colons and Hunico and his mate. Add the Bellas and Rosa as his goomahs too.

Maybe it is a little NODesque but, i think it's different enough and could help give Del Rio a big presence.

That is a great idea, and reminds me more of the Million Dollar Corporation than NOD. Del Rio would be perfect in that role, like a Razor Ramon/ JBL/ Million dollar man hybrid. Could be huge if they did it right.

• Paid Members
- Lashley back as mid/upper babyface against the likes of Barrett etc.

Good Lord, I hope not. He was bad in his WWE tenure, rotten in TNA.

Plus, he's been gone from WWE 4 years in January. Given the average age of the demographic, and how dull he was, that's a fucking age. He's little more valuable than any other muscle man from developmental.

Archived