Major WWE Star Injured *spoilers*

Daaaaaad!

WWE has not said he is out for 6 months. Tony Chimmel said Randy Orton is injured, and that they will be offering refunds for fans who want them. Then Wade Barrett came out and said that Hes put Orton out for 6 months. There is no official word from WWE as of yet.

Does anyone not think its just a ploy and part of the storyline to add intensity to it?.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as Orton appears good to people, he bores me to tears presently and has done so for a while. When booked right like the punts to the head stuff the other year and feuds like the Christian thing, then yeah he is good. Generally though, he just bores me rigid. So time away may help and when he comes back, boom it will feel more fresh other than stale. Hopefully they can ditch the Apex Predator moniker as its fucking awful, as well as the middle rope DDT spot which barring a very few instances is always contrived to buggery.

Its a massive blow to Smackdown. With Christian still out they do lack that 'big name'. While Sheamus has been great for the past few months, Barrett has been growing his reputation once more and Big Show & Henry the only established guys. They're really in a hole to find a top star.

Daniel Bryan has potential to be the Rey Mysterio type underdog but they really need an established, major babyface. With talk of Big Show turning heel, Henry still niggled with injuries...they're really going to struggle.

Its time to really put some effort and focus into developing the mid card. There's a lot of guys in the Midcard who could step up to plate I feel but no-one is going to reach the level Orton has. Even Raw is quite short on established babyfaces especially with Cena getting the reactions he is and CM Punk as the WWE Champion.

I've read they've drafted Drew McIntyre back to Smackdown but I highly doubt for any other reason than to bring the numbers up. If they continued to build upon Jinder Mahal, Ted DiBiase and co. Smackdown could have some very good guys who could float in and out of the main event scene for 'big' matches on TV.

• Paid Members
Its a massive blow to Smackdown. With Christian still out they do lack that 'big name'.

Even with Christian back they'd lack a big name.

Echo the thoughts of some on here, Orton has been mint this year. Definitely my wrestler of the year. Incredibly consistent in-ring, has had decent matches on every ppv from what I've seen and has been just as good on tv. He has finally found a way of using his character effectively as a face and he seems to be more over than ever with the crowd. Plus, as already mentioned, he has done wonders for those he has wrestled and feuded with this year: Miz, Punk, Christian, Mizark, Cody and Wade have all looked stronger after the Randy rub.

That said, and as NEWM noted, a lay-off could do him good and keep him from becoming stale, plus it will be pretty huge when he returns.

I can take Christian as a headlining star of the B-Show no problem but only as long as guys like Orton are around him. WWE should trademark "the Randy rub" right away. Tremendous :laugh: .

• Paid Members
Heel 2005 Christian was the best he's ever been. When he came back from TNA he was too old, too bald and a slightly yellow colour.

He looks a bit ill to me these days as well. A bit like Rob Wotton off Sky Sports News.

Orton makes the mid carders look good, but Christian has been mint this year too, proper feud of the year.

Hope they do something with Drew Mac, he's gone from chosen one to chump.

He has the look, but can't get over for love nor money.

Always thought rey a whining little bastard, great worker, but dull, love him to turn villianous shit, but sells too much merch

Archived