WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 12/30/2011

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

SmackDown opens with Booker T coming to the ring for a promo. Booker T enters the ring and talks about how 2011 was a great year for him and thanks the fans. He's interrupted by Cody Rhodes, who proceeds to insult the fans in Indianapolis and several Colts players, who are sitting at ringside. Rhodes then congratulated Booker for beating him on RAW and shakes his hand. He then tells Booker that his fantasy is over, and his in ring career is over. He tells him that he is washed up and is a joke as an announcer and as a person and he should leave WWE.

Goldust comes out in a suit with no makeup or costume. Goldust tells Cody that he knows better than to insult a legend. Cody goes on to insult his brother. Booker defends "Goldy" and said that they should have a rubber match for the title tonight. Cody agreed, but for next week. Booker promises to become the new U.S... before catching himself and saying Intercontinental champion next week. Booker T then left the ring, and Cody attacked Goldust. Cody ran off as Booker returned to the ring to tend to Goldust.

Jinder Mahal defeated Ted Dibiase via submission with the camel clutch.

Teddy Long and Aksana are backstage, but are interrupted by Drew McIntyre, who is now once again a SmackDown star. Long tells McIntyre that he makes too much money and has lost his passion. Long told him that if he doesn't beat Ezekiel Jackson later tonight, he may have to look for a new job.

Alicia Fox and Kaitlyn defeated Natalya and Tamina in a bad 30 second diva match. After the match, Tamina attacked Natalya and laid her out with a super kick and a Superfly splash from the top rope.

A promo with Daniel Bryan and AJ is cut short when Big Show interrupted and said that giants don't need saving. Teddy Long comes out and says that the tag team match scheduled for later tonight is off because David Otunga wants a piece of the Big Show. Now Show will face Otunga with Mark Henry in Otunga's corner. Bryan then said that maybe giants do need saving.

Hunico (with a bodyguard) defeated Justin Gabriel with a swanton bomb. After the match, Hunico and his bodyguard double-teamed Gabriel.

The Big Show defeated David Otunga via pinfall. During the match, Daniel Bryan came down to ringside and hit Mark Henry with the World title belt, prompting Henry to chase him to the back. Show proceeded to hit Otunga with the WMD to get the win.

Ezekiel Jackson defeated Drew McIntyre with a roll up while holding the tights.

Backstage McIntyre is complaining to Teddy Long about his loss. Long tells McIntyre that he can't stand losers who complain. McIntyre leaves Long's office upset.

Sheamus is coming out for a promo. He said that he's going to win The Royal Rumble regardless of what number he draws. Hornswoggle comes out. Sheamus asked him who will win the Rumble. Hornswoggle grabbed the mic and goes crazy saying "Hornswoggle" repeatedly while running around. Heath Slater interrupts and insults Hornswoggle. Visit Wrestling Inc. Slater talks about Bushwacker Luke and the Brooklyn Brawler having dreams of winning a Royal Rumble and never doing it. Slater then tells Sheamus that he's the best redhead on SmackDown, not Sheamus. After some more talking, Sheamus ends up throwing Slater over the top rope.

Lilian Garcia announces that Sheamus will face Heath Slater tonight.

Sheamus defeated Heath Slater with the Brogue kick.

Daniel Bryan and Big Show promo with Teddy Long. Bryan calls himself Big Show's good luck charm. Show says that he doesn't need a good luck charm and is getting tired of Bryan coming out to help him. Long announces Daniel Bryan vs. The Big Show for the title for next week on Smackdown which makes Show happy. Bryan states that even if he loses next week, his title reign was longer than Big Show's 45 second reign.

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett in a falls count anywhere match is next. Orton threw Barrett in the crowd and the referee gets knocked out. they fight to the backstage area and brawl like they did last week. Backstage an elevator door opens and they fight in an elevator where there's an elevator cam set up. Later, Barrett threw Orton off a set of stairs. The show ends with Orton in extreme pain after being pushed down the stairs. The crowd is not happy as they were not sure if the match was over or not.

(Orton's since been pulled from House Shows, so it looks legit)

Fucking hell, Orton's injured? What a sad way to end what has been by far his best year in the business. I have enjoyed almost everything the man has put out this year, so I hope he doesn't miss Wrestlemania. Such a shame. As for the rest of the show, the Sheamus/Hornswoggle/Heath Slater stuff looks shit, and I can't believe they are squashing Drew McIntyre again. They seem to be making a storyline out of it, which sounds exactly the same as the MVP version from three years ago. Other than that though, it doesn't look that bad. I really like Hunico, and I hope he hasn't been split from Primo and Epico. The Rhodes/Goldust set up seems very interesting, I'd love to see a high profile IC Title match on a PPV between the brothers.

• Moderators

Hopefully this means Goldust is getting his twitter wish and will be taking on Cody at some point soon. Probably not Mania though.

He should dust off the cowboy suits, put back on his sparkly jacket, and be "The Natural" for my personal markdom.

I wonder if the commentators would have been calling Goldust Dustin, just seems strange that they didn't have him in his Goldust attire.

But if he's just hanging around backstage all day after not wrestling for a year and spontaneously goes out to the ring because something happened that needed his attention, why would he be in his wrestling costume and face paints?

• Paid Members
Can somebody give me a quick run-down on the World title situation. I've not watched Smackdown in a few months now and I'm about to do what I did last year, namely start watching each episode again in the run up to 'Mania.

Mark Henry was champion for a few months. Lost the title to Big Show at the last PPV and Daniel Bryan immediately cashed in MITB on Big Show. Michael Cole slags Bryan for being a hypocrite because he'd previously said he was going to be the first man to cash in MITB at WrestleMania and ended up cashing it in cowardly like everyone else.

I wonder if the commentators would have been calling Goldust Dustin, just seems strange that they didn't have him in his Goldust attire.

But if he's just hanging around backstage all day after not wrestling for a year and spontaneously goes out to the ring because something happened that needed his attention, why would he be in his wrestling costume and face paints?

In all fairness we did see him a few weeks ago backstage dressed as Goldust, but fair point.

• Paid Members

I like the look of this show, I hope Drew's return leads to him turning babyface.

I'm hoping the Jinder Mahal/DiBiase storyline comes to a close soon as it really drags down the show. I'm intrigued by Hunico, I'm starting to change my mind on him as he's fun to watch and has enough charisma to be quite a likable babyface should a turn ever happen.

The Daniel Bryan/Big Show title match is interesting and I can only assume the storyline will result in one of the two turning heel. I hope it's Bryan, a heel run can do wonders to help you pick up a huge babyface reaction when the time comes (which he doesn't really get right now). But I suspect Show will turn, and the Smackdown title picture will build up to Wade Barrett winning the belt and facing a returning Randy Orton at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

I can't see it be Randy v Barrett at Wrestlemania. Their program as been solid enough but Wade isn't going to win the belt and then return to a Orton feud in the next 2/3 months.

I'd say it will be Orton V somebody at Mania for the title but who? Heel Bryan or Henry?

• Paid Members
I can't see it be Randy v Barrett at Wrestlemania. Their program as been solid enough but Wade isn't going to win the belt and then return to a Orton feud in the next 2/3 months.

I'd say it will be Orton V somebody at Mania for the title but who? Heel Bryan or Henry?

Depends how long Orton's out for. I could see Barrett picking up the title at No Way Out - or perhaps even the Rumble - and Bryan having his rematch on the Smackdown following, with Orton making his return post-match and beating the living heck out of Wade Barrett.

Alternatively, I could see Sheamus in the Smackdown title match.

Depends how long Orton's out for. I could see Barrett picking up the title at No Way Out - or perhaps even the Rumble - and Bryan having his rematch on the Smackdown following, with Orton making his return post-match and beating the living heck out of Wade Barrett.

Alternatively, I could see Sheamus in the Smackdown title match.

Yeah Sheamus is my Rumble pick, although i'm probably miles out on that. Can't see Bryan holding on to the Title until mania, but I doubt it will be on Big Show, Wade Barrett or even Mark Henry for that matter. Orton vs Sheamus face vs face perhaps?

Archived