S4C documentary on Welsh wrestling legend Orig Williams

ClassicsGuy

Aired last night in the U.K. on S4C (Sky channel 134) and available to watch again (U.K. only here):

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?p...me_id=496991680

It's in Welsh, but there are English subtitles available throughout by clicking the S button in the bottom right corner of the video player.

His life is covered, with the first part talking about his footballer days playing for Oldham and Shrewsbury, before playing for Nanttle Vale in Wales, and his rep as a dirty player.

Of note, the wrestling stuff starts at the 9:24 mark. Fit Finlay and his wife are interviewed at the 11:24 mark at their huge home in Atlanta. Mason Ryan (Barri Griffith) is interviewed in Los Angeles from the 36 minute mark, with a bit of WWE footage. Ryan speaks Welsh throughout the whole interview.

Plus tons of other stuff from the Reslo glory days of the 1980s. The likes of Regal, Davey Boy Smith, Giant Haystacks, etc.

If you can get past the subtitles, it's a really interesting 50 minute documentary hosted by Orig's daughter, Tara Bethan.

As well as being available to view online at the link above, it airs again on S4C, available throughout the U.K. on Sky channel 134, on Thursday December 29th at 1:25pm.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed this program. Welsh being my first language, Orig was a famous figure in public life and not only in the Wrestling world. It was interesting to know just how popular he was.

I watched it with subtitles on the website again just now, and can assure you that almost nothing is lost in translation.

Really enjoyed that. Being only 20 I've heard alot about Orig but never really seen his popularity as such. Great to see guys like Finlay speak to highly of the welsh man. Orig has a fine, fine daughter too. She could easily be a diva!

Plus it being in Welsh is awsome but still weird!

This film was brilliant! I had the good fortune to see a few if Orig"s shows, When his business & British Wrestling was in a lot more healthy a state than it is at the moment. Rarely in wrestling will you find someone who is so well respected by so many.

I heard a story were he secured the services of John Quinn away from Joint Promotions. At the time Quinn was probably the N0.1 Heel in the country. This was big news as wrestlers would never walk away from the WOS TV exposure. I think he paid him

• Moderators

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one, Dingo!!

Archived