Bloodiest classics of all time!

britishwrestlinglegends

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The blood came as if by magic?

It actually came because of cheap shots to the eye from Piper and a blade job, to go with the story of Piper doing whatever it takes to keep the belt, but whatever.

Fair enough. I only watched it live & at the time was used to blood being drawn from Chairs/Cage Doors etc.

• Paid Members

I mentioned it more because you specifically mentioned it not befitting an all babyface encounter yet, started the topic in discussion of how blood can sometimes enhance a match. With Hart vs Piper the blood added tremendously to the story being told and its closing moments, which it feels like you've missed from your comments. So maybe you should watch it again. Especially as you're looking for matches of that ilk.

Which match is it where Mcmahon slowly rises from behind the mat and his face is absolutely pitted in blood? is it vs Hogan?

Think it was at WM? I lost a bet on that match, Meltzer got caught up in the drama & gave the match 3 stars!!!!! Think about it? A rather old Hogan with a broken rib v None wrestler McMahon? What were you thinking of Dave? They both try took cut there heads off, So you give them 3 stars....Please?

Have you ever thought that it was more because both McMahon and Hogan are fantastic workers and were able to overcome their limitations and also that they put a fuck load into that match. I mean questionable booking aside (I've discussed this with someoen before on here) the match is just great fun from start to finish. The star rating's fucking stupid anyway, I seem to remember a boring TNA triple threat getting five stars, but I don't see why Meltzer or anyone else isn't allowed to enjoy a match because it's a non-wrestler against one with a broken rib. Vince is a pretty good worker anyway for all his lack of athleticism.

Also whoever dissed the RAW with the muppets on it is an idiot. That was fun.

Which match is it where Mcmahon slowly rises from behind the mat and his face is absolutely pitted in blood? is it vs Hogan?

Think it was at WM? I lost a bet on that match, Meltzer got caught up in the drama & gave the match 3 stars!!!!! Think about it? A rather old Hogan with a broken rib v None wrestler McMahon? What were you thinking of Dave? They both try took cut there heads off, So you give them 3 stars....Please?

Have you ever thought that it was more because both McMahon and Hogan are fantastic workers and were able to overcome their limitations and also that they put a fuck load into that match. I mean questionable booking aside (I've discussed this with someoen before on here) the match is just great fun from start to finish. The star rating's fucking stupid anyway, I seem to remember a boring TNA triple threat getting five stars, but I don't see why Meltzer or anyone else isn't allowed to enjoy a match because it's a non-wrestler against one with a broken rib. Vince is a pretty good worker anyway for all his lack of athleticism.

Also whoever dissed the RAW with the muppets on it is an idiot. That was fun.

Well if you enjoy a promoter taking on a wrestler, way passed his prime using smoke & mirrors to make a passable match & muppets on a wrestling show for that matter? I would accept you enjoyed it, with no evidence to suggest you are an "Idiot"?

Akira Hokuto and Shinobu Kandori double juice at Dreamslam 1. Hokuto was a mess.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Thanks i really enjoyed this match & even the borderline insanity that featured inbetween great story telling. This is what i am after, links to matches from around the wrestling world. Rather than a casual mention of a Mainstream match in the WWE that i am already familiar with. That top rope dive to the outside was scary. The only thing i did not like was the 1970"s swimming costume on the younger, more aggressive, Japanese version of Susan Boyle :laugh:

IMO the Cactus Vs. Triple H match is tainted by the obviously fake barbed wire board that Cactus hits Hunter with, I can't remember the exact point in time since it has been years since I watched the match but they obviously swap boards at some point.

It killed the drama every time for me.

IMO the Cactus Vs. Triple H match is tainted by the obviously fake barbed wire board that Cactus hits Hunter with, I can't remember the exact point in time since it has been years since I watched the match but they obviously swap boards at some point.

It killed the drama every time for me.

The board gets taken out of the ring by the ref and hidden under the Spanish announce table after HHH uses it on Cactus. When he goes out to get it, he's given an untainted one, probably with the tips cut so it causes less damage.

Ones that stick in my mind that I don't think have been mentioned so far;

Jerry Lynn vs Steve Corino, ECW Heatwave 2000 (Lynn writes 'Die' in Corino's blood on his chest)

Chris Harris vs James Storm, Texas Death Match, TNA Sacrifice 2005

Bryan Danielson vs Morishima, ROH Final Battle 2008

Jerry Lynn vs Roderick Strong, ROH A Cut Above 2009

Desmond Wolfe vs Kurt Angle, 3 Degrees of Pain, TNA Final Resolution 2009

Mr Anderson vs Kurt Angle, Steel Cage, TNA Lockdown 2010

I really don't think it gets much better than the Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard I Quit Cage Match (deep breath) from Starrcade '85 for the US Title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfIWFLlzDJk

Doesn't get much better than this. Super bout.

Another Classic! It was so far ahead of its time it was almost like UFC? Great camera work, How hot was that crowd? The old NWA stuff was my first introduction to American Wrestling, I loved it! Especially the 4 Horsemen & The Midnight Express.

Think they may have gone a bit OTT on the blading though? I bought a video tape, years ago of The Great American Bash (The first ever one) had about 6 matches & everyone had blood in it!

Well if you enjoy a promoter taking on a wrestler, way passed his prime using smoke & mirrors to make a passable match & muppets on a wrestling show for that matter? I would accept you enjoyed it, with no evidence to suggest you are an "Idiot"?

Jeesh, tetchy much? The idiot bit was a joke, based on the fact that the Muppets were just good fun. But you still haven't explained why a match cant' be good because it just has a promoter taking on a wrestler past his prime? That's if we ignore the fact that Vince has had a couple of handful of matches, most of which have been decent brawls, that Hogan relies on timing to make his matches more than athleticism and that the smoke and mirrors you mention made sense. They couldn't exactly have a match without weapons and blood. And you even admit here that sometimes blood helps to make a great match. I get the arguments that Vince was booked to look too strong over Hogan, although subsequent matches where Vince just has the shit beat out of him haven't been anywhere near as fun, but yours is just odd. I mean I'd show that match to a trainee over pretty much any RoH or puro match (unless of course it was a puro trainee, that'd be stupid) to show them how to construct a dramatic and entertaining match out of very little.

Archived