UFC 142: Aldo vs Mendes Discussion Thread

David

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm not sure an impressive victory will save Anthony Johnson. I think he's gone.

An impressive victory isn't going to be impressive though, is it? He's basically a whole weight class above Belfort for this fight.

Yeah it's going to be difficult for them to justify keeping him on regardless. But an impressive performance is really his only hope.

I'm not sure an impressive victory will save Anthony Johnson. I think he's gone.

An impressive victory isn't going to be impressive though, is it? He's basically a whole weight class above Belfort for this fight.

By impressive I meant in style but even then it's tarnished/tainted for the reasons you give. I see Dana announcing he's rid of Anthony Johnson either at the post fight press conference or over the next few days. Johnson has missed weight three times before by big amounts but the third time was his biggest yet, 11 fucking pounds.

Will the fight still go ahead? White will want to make it Belfort's while.

8ye4hk.jpg

Only on the internet could you be accused of being a chubster when you have an eight pack. It was clearly a fluid issue. He apparently had an IV drip in his arm just three hours before the weigh-in due to an illness. For all those saying Johnson is basically a whole weight class higher than Belfort, I highly doubt that's true. Belfort will no doubt be more than 205 on fight day, where as Johnson can't be.

• Paid Members
Only on the internet could you be accused of being a chubster when you have an eight pack. It was clearly a fluid issue. He apparently had an IV drip in his arm just three hours before the weigh-in due to an illness. For all those saying Johnson is basically a whole weight class higher than Belfort, I highly doubt that's true. Belfort will no doubt be more than 205 on fight day, where as Johnson can't be.

That's nobodies fault but Johnson's though. Besides, this isn't the first time he's been over weight is it.

• Paid Members

Johnson has basically become the US version of Paul Daley. He's I'll because he had to drop weight too much, too fast.m he maybe should have nought about doing that sooner maybe?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him. My points were just that Dan Hardy's Dad can hardly call him obese, and that I didn't agree he'd be a whole weight class above Belfort (who has fought at both Heavyweigt and Light-Heavyweight many times) come fight day. Infact i'd go so far as saying he's screwed, as he'll have just a matter of hours to rehydrate. As I'm sure is common knowledge, you're on very thin ice if you miss weight and then lose, so if anything this whole issue has added to the excitement. It's abit like when Dennis Hallman had the speedo incident, then missed weight by something like 3lbs for his next fight, fortunately for him he was able to dominate in that one.

In regards to the main event, I really hope the home crowd ignite a fire under Aldo's arse. I keep seeing the double knee knockout highlights from WEC, but he looked half asleep during the Florian fight (haven't seen vs Hominick).

Archived