Your football club's motto

air_raid

Arsenal's is 'Victoria Concordia Crescit' which means 'Victory Through Harmony'. Now more than ever.

I thought ours translates as "Victory Through Teamwork" which is even more apt

"...my mind seeks an apt quotation with which to close this season which has been such a glorious one for Tom Whittaker, Joe Mercer and all connected with The Gunners. Shall we turn for once to Latin? 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'. Translation: 'Victory grows out of harmony.'"

Arsenal's is 'Victoria Concordia Crescit' which means 'Victory Through Harmony'. Now more than ever.

I thought ours translates as "Victory Through Teamwork" which is even more apt

"...my mind seeks an apt quotation with which to close this season which has been such a glorious one for Tom Whittaker, Joe Mercer and all connected with The Gunners. Shall we turn for once to Latin? 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'. Translation: 'Victory grows out of harmony.'"

cheers for that steve,there's a few different translations floating around. Where's that quote taken from?

• Paid Members

Interesting replies lads, some of the stuff I was interested in when I posted the topic.

cheers for that steve,there's a few different translations floating around. Where's that quote taken from?

Google is your friend, and mine. C&P a bit of the quote into the old standby, and it appears to have been written by Harry Homer, programme editor.

Feel free to read more here - http://www.arsenal.com/history/the-crest

Incidentally when I clicked that link to find out, my mouse burst into flames.

Archived