What will you be watching over Christmas?

The Reverend

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always enjoy watching Ric Flair's WWF title win at the 1992 Royal Rumble around this time of year. From the star studded line-up to the awesome commentary from the Brain and the post match interviews, its one of my favourite matches of all time.

Clip DVDs for me on the 25th. They go best with a slow burning consumption of booze. I have that SmackDown three disc one I'm getting as a present that day which I'm looking foward to as I've watched the Raw one loads now and it's full of all the more obvious moments. The SmackDown one will be a breath of fresh air.

• Paid Members
I'm probably going to take a crack at Great American Bash and Beach Blast '92, feels like forever since I watched either.

Can't go wrong with WCW from that time period for me. Doc and Gordy were great, Windham and Rhodes too. And I loved Sting's matches with Vader and Cactus Jack on them 2 PPVs aswell. I haven't watched any wrestling in a while but when I do dip back in it's usually something WCW between 1988-1993.

For me, I know for a fact my nephew's getting the new Ladder match/Cage match DVDs among others for Chrimbo so I'll be telling him to bring them over when he visits on Boxing Day. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia at Christmas.

I got the Bret/Shawn Blu-Ray for Christmas, and just finished watching it.

I thought it was great. Sure, it wasn't anything we haven't heard from both guys before, but it was cool to see them tell the story sitting next to each other. It's nice to see they've managed to become friends, those clips of them messing around were really cool.

Just one gripe, the WWEHD logo in the top-left corner of the screen was flickering away and was very distracting. I've noticed this watching Raw and Smackdown, but on the Blu-Ray it seemed so much worse. You'd have thought somebody would have noticed by now and fixed the logo! It seems to have been like it since they went HD in 2008...

I got the Bret/Shawn Blu-Ray for Christmas, and just finished watching it.

I thought it was great. Sure, it wasn't anything we haven't heard from both guys before, but it was cool to see them tell the story sitting next to each other. It's nice to see they've managed to become friends, those clips of them messing around were really cool.

Just one gripe, the WWEHD logo in the top-left corner of the screen was flickering away and was very distracting. I've noticed this watching Raw and Smackdown, but on the Blu-Ray it seemed so much worse. You'd have thought somebody would have noticed by now and fixed the logo! It seems to have been like it since they went HD in 2008...

I got this today too. From watching it seemed a waste of time Shawn being there, felt like an 80/20 split of Bret talking. Can feel there was a proper friendship there before they both reached the top, and a regret that when Shawn was back and in a good place, that would have been a good place for them to wrestle again. Nothing new said on it, but a nice thing to watch after how it's split opinion for years.

Wrestle mania 27 just just arrived, so might watch some of that tonight

Archived