Martial Arts Gear

ajmcstyles

Well lets chat about martial arts gear ranging from MMA, BJJ, Boxing and so forth.

Post some of your top gear what works well in the gym what doesn't work well.

Personally anything by Lonsdale have been poor, I bought some Lonsdale boxing shoes, handwraps and grappling gloves. All three pieces of equipment broke on me within a month. Lonsdale are meant to be cheap and cheerful but in my case its just cheap.

Luckily I have had some good buys;

Rival Mexican Style Handwraps they have worked well.

Amir Khan Reebok boxing gloves I've had them over a year and for

Shorts and shirts don't matter, I just grapple in a tight rugby shirt and as long as the shorts fit well and they're comfortable for you to move about in then you're good. These are the wraps I use, much better than the boxing wraps I was using before, just see if you can try them on so they're not too big. http://www.ufcstore.eu/ufc-gel-bag-glove/d...k_ufc_equipment The best bit of kit I ever bought was some compression shorts and a new cup, which was one of these. http://www.cyaprotectivegear.com/ViewProdu...lexCup/676.aspx I took one too many kicks to the balls whilst sparring and the cricket box was uncomfortable to actually use especially when you're training for a bit of standup then going to grappling etc.

I was originally looking at Hayabusa shin guards or caged steel ones (since they are the same). But those are two good names and trustworthy.

Oddly bought a shock doctor gum shield too and after several attempt it wouldnt fit. Yet poor gum shields do fit but dont provide any protection and feel awful.

Many of them say not to use boiling hot water for the moulds, but you need that just to soften them up enough then leave it in the water for a while and make sure it's not too hot before biting into it. I found biting into it then quickly plunging it in cold water did the job. Though if you're having problems it might be worth seeing your dentist, you could just have a funky grill.

Many of them say not to use boiling hot water for the moulds, but you need that just to soften them up enough then leave it in the water for a while and make sure it's not too hot before biting into it. I found biting into it then quickly plunging it in cold water did the job. Though if you're having problems it might be worth seeing your dentist, you could just have a funky grill.

I think thats gunna be the issue, that Id have to get one specially made or have my dentist go over that one ive got now

• 3 months later...

First off sorry to bump this thread firstly.

I recently been using these gloves. Some RDX 4oz Grappling Gloves, they look very nice.

grappling__12977_zoom.jpg

They look like a nice pair of gloves but the big issue is material of the gloves.

grapgolden.jpg

The problem is when I start using them more than 5 minutes then the gloves start causing pain in my fingers and knuckles I'm not wearing my handwraps (say if im grappling) they start shaving the skin off my knuckles and fingers. I was looking at punchtowns gloves but they use the material on the inside of the gloves as the RDX gloves.

I've loaned a pair of some Hayabusa KANPEKI ELITE MMA GLOVES extremely comfy and the material inside is very soft and did not shave the skin off by hands. The problem was the price

Archived