Craig Kollins - 2012's UK Breakout star?

Victor Is God

Personally a good promo make me feel something and that just didnt I got nothing about his character other than I think im hard and Im angry and i agree it was better than some, hell it was better than a lot of the terrible promo Ive seen online but is still lacking in substance, Just another angry guy who wants to hurt people saying lines.

That said he does look like he could crack some skulls but I would have thought that just looking at him and its nothing to do with his promo.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not lacking in intensity that's for sure. I genuinely think if a mini highlight reel to sit alongside this might help his cause. As it stands I just see an angry young lad and not a nasty bastard that XWA probably want us to see him as. Credit where credit is due though even if the content was slightly cliched he did hold my attention for the length of the promo. There people out today who could not do a decent 1 minute promo out there nevermind 2 mins.

Best of luck to the lad. He's in good hands up there in morcambe

This is all good feedback so thanks very much, although Mr Loki, if you think that's "poor", I'd hate to see how you'd describe a bad promo. Still, you're entitled to your opinion.

Like I said, this lad is not the finished article but a rough diamond who is displaying a lot of potential. I wouldn't have put this out there if I didn't think he could be something special, not least of all because this puts pressure on both Craig and myself to deliver. But I think we can handle it.

Good promo however I felt I wanted to see more which means he must have grabbed my attention.

I was curious to see his physique and more curious to see what he looks like in the ring

Just wondering if doing this puts pressure on the lad at all ?

If hes feeling the pressure of critisism now (i dont believe he will be) then maybe wrestling aint for him.

I just cant take a 19 year old seriously when he says " I'm a hard man".

To be honest, putting the promo video on here is a bit like doing MOVEZ at a show just to impress the UKFF'ers. It really doesnt matter what they think, as they likely make up less than 5% of any audience, the rest being made up of families and kids. Thats who wrestlers should focus on impressing, not the internet.

I dont think its a bad idea but like you said a true indication of a wrestler is when he walks out and works infront of a wider audience. The goal is to entertain the majority and if the minority dont like your stuff then so be it. The ultimate goal should always be to entertain everyone. It might not be achievable but its shouldnt deter you from trying to achieve it.

I think as long as hes in the capable hands of XWA that he will do well for himself. Exposure is exposure at the end of the day.

I just cant take a 19 year old seriously when he says " I'm a hard man".

To be honest, putting the promo video on here is a bit like doing MOVEZ at a show just to impress the UKFF'ers. It really doesnt matter what they think, as they likely make up less than 5% of any audience, the rest being made up of families and kids. Thats who wrestlers should focus on impressing, not the internet.

I agree 100% but neither is there any harm in doing it.

PS - Just to clarify, I agree with the statement that UK promoters should be focussed on impressing families and kids because they make up the majority of the audience. There's absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever though with posting a promo video on here. You'd be a fool to ignore the internet completely in this day and age. Most of the top UK wrestling promotions have their own YouTube channels, as well as Facebook and Twitter. Anything that helps promote your product and gain interest will grow your company and ultimately sell tickets.

• Paid Members

I thought the promo improved as it went on, especially when he stopped looking down. Once he was completely focused on talking into the camera and not at the floor I was much more convinced by what he was saying.

And just like Sam Slam, he has a crap name as well. Kollins? Seriously? Kollins? With a K? He looks quite rum though, so that's good. Not enough people with rum faces in Britwres. That name though. Really, it's fucking terrible. It's that K. It reminds me of swapping Z in place of an S, or dropping an E that comes before an X. It's a bit 1998.

About 50 people in the whole world will care about the spelling of a wrestler's name as much as you seem to!

Archived